You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Why are most female only clothes for exibitionists ?  (Read 2781 times)

Taty

• Dark Power
Why are most female only clothes for exibitionists ?
« on: November 30, 2011, 06:59:29 PM »
I am beginning to get frustrated with buying various clothes items for my mage only to find that if I went the benefits of the outfit she has to expose her breasts or wear a robe....can we be a little more flexible with the female only clothes ? None of them are remotely dignified or attractive and all seem to have the restriction of not being able to alter the torso . Saw the wrestling trunks, for example, got them, wasted 3k in gold because I'm not here to thrill people with sexy cartoons. I'm sure it isn't intentional but the crafting limitations for wizards clothing make not wearing them the most attractive option. The only reason I even looked at them was because none of the other wizard robes can be altered to look good or are fixed like the justacoups. I know you dont want armour that looks like clothes or vise versa but surely there can be some compromise ?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:01:34 PM by Taty »

Hanzo

• Undead Master
Re: Why are most female only clothes for exibitionists ?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »
 :thumbup: The same thing goes for Monk outfits as well.

"The sword is the soul. Study the soul to know the sword. An evil soul, an evil sword."

Badelaire

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 07:31:43 PM »
Cammy's Delta Red outfit for monks springs to mind as one of the most out of place items for the setting as well as being revealing and initially ridiculous on my male monk pre-alteration. Thankfully his black-gi looks normal.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:33:37 PM by Badelaire »

The Prophet of Misinformation

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 08:06:34 PM »
I am beginning to get frustrated with buying various clothes items for my mage only to find that if I went the benefits of the outfit she has to expose her breasts or wear a robe....can we be a little more flexible with the female only clothes ? None of them are remotely dignified or attractive and all seem to have the restriction of not being able to alter the torso . Saw the wrestling trunks, for example, got them, wasted 3k in gold because I'm not here to thrill people with sexy cartoons. I'm sure it isn't intentional but the crafting limitations for wizards clothing make not wearing them the most attractive option. The only reason I even looked at them was because none of the other wizard robes can be altered to look good or are fixed like the justacoups. I know you dont want armour that looks like clothes or vise versa but surely there can be some compromise ?

For the very same reason that Mystra happens to appear stark nude in her every illustrated encounter with Elminster.
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

ThePwush

• Sigilian Outlander
  • Dark Power
  • The mad Red Mink, eh, I mean, Monk ;)
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 08:49:07 PM »

For the very same reason that Mystra happens to appear stark nude in her every illustrated encounter with Elminster.

Lucky Elminister.  :lol:
The "Anti-Monk". Crazy is your friend.

Rhetra'Bushion aka Rhetra, Sunshine, Petal, Spazz, "Damn, she's fast," and Her Giddiness.

-Semi-Retired-

Lockleed

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 09:59:56 PM »
Male developers.  Male artists.

She's got a point.  Some of those female only clothes are kinda ridiculous.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:01:33 PM by Lockleed »

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 12:31:26 AM »
Design some that suit your taste in the item request thread and I'll see what I can do about adding them in

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Bato

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 12:47:12 AM »
You can make female outfits tasteful and such, it's difficult but I have both seen it and done it.
Actually the difficulty makes it more fun and I am more proud of the end result.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 12:54:48 AM »
Seriously, while I'm opposed to taking things out, I'm not opposed to adding more types of items to loot tables/stores (especially since they don't take up palette space with our loot system), but I really don't know how to design clothing. The items I added were made to look like things that others have designed. If you've got ideas for better looking stuff I'm 100% open to adding your designs. Just make sure to both screenshot it and leave detailed instructions on how to recreate it in the toolset (part numbers, color numbers, etc.).

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 01:13:59 AM »
Seriously, while I'm opposed to taking things out, I'm not opposed to adding more types of items to loot tables/stores (especially since they don't take up palette space with our loot system), but I really don't know how to design clothing. The items I added were made to look like things that others have designed. If you've got ideas for better looking stuff I'm 100% open to adding your designs. Just make sure to both screenshot it and leave detailed instructions on how to recreate it in the toolset (part numbers, color numbers, etc.).

I will see what I can do. Thank you for your understanding on the matter.