Author Topic: Barkskin Potions in Dementlieu  (Read 2746 times)

Ternce

• Undead Master
  • Ye be naught but a worm.
Barkskin Potions in Dementlieu
« on: November 10, 2011, 01:18:28 AM »
I think it would be great if we could get these in Dementlieu.  Characters who live, work, and adventure in the port wouldn't have to run all the way back to the Vallaki area to pick up these, which I consider a necessity.  Nori (the rogue dwarf merchant in the slums) , or the rogue merchant guy in the Mutinied Sailor would be a great place to have them.  Currently, neither merchant sells anything that most characters won't already have by the time they get to Dementlieu, and I think they would get a lot more foot traffic if they carried these potions.

Thanks in advance,

Terrance

Geiger

Re: Barkskin Potions in Dementlieu
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 01:39:45 AM »
Or maybe a magic shop.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 01:41:08 AM »
Or maybe a magic shop.

Maybe an apothecary. It's a bit more period/setting correct, I'd think.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 04:49:50 AM »
Or maybe a magic shop.

Maybe an apothecary. It's a bit more period/setting correct, I'd think.

there is a magic shop in the port, so it would be suiting for her to sell these potions, since she sells allready a few other items.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 05:38:16 AM »
I think is cool that i have to run back to Vallaki for Bark potion changing in scenery ! And if lazy to go there yourself hire someone to do it like the Vardo !

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 09:05:27 AM »
there is no appothicary/hospital in dementlieu though I have always wished for one to exist, and for one to be able to get bandages from there.

However there are several magic shops in the Port that one can toss barkskin potions in. There is a magic shop in quartiar savant near chaz leon, the outdoor cafe.

Geiger

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 09:20:12 AM »
There are the Hala Hospices.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 10:57:49 AM »
Jinx might have some; I know I've sold some to her...
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 11:34:23 AM »
Jinx might have some; I know I've sold some to her...

That was in turn sold to some one else iirc but, it's very hard to have enough barkskin potions to sell.
Dread Treant Sap is used in herbalism to make barskin potions.  However, there's only one place to get that sap I know of, and there's really no way to get enough for one person to use for themselves, let alone have enough to sell to other pcs.  Jinx doesn't use barkskin potions but if she did, it would be far too impractical or time consuming to try and make them via herbalism.  Most Pcs buy it from Degawwny.

Degawnny is very far from the port and it would be welcome to have an NPC selling them in the port for those characters who do not go to Vallaki.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Ternce

• Undead Master
  • Ye be naught but a worm.
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »
there is no appothicary/hospital in dementlieu though I have always wished for one to exist, and for one to be able to get bandages from there.

That's actually another really big "want" item I forgot to mention.  I -think- you can buy the healing kits from the Vistani in the mist camp, but I'm not 100% on that one, since I'm the neglectful party member and rarely buy them.  I do recall someone in the party complaining about how they couldn't get them in Dementlieu, and I think it would be really cool for an NPC in the Port to stock them, like the Hala Hospice vendor who sells you Herbalism supplies, or possibly one of the rogue merchants as well.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 03:30:38 PM »

That's actually another really big "want" item I forgot to mention.  I -think- you can buy the healing kits from the Vistani in the mist camp, but I'm not 100% on that one, since I'm the neglectful party member and rarely buy them.  I do recall someone in the party complaining about how they couldn't get them in Dementlieu, and I think it would be really cool for an NPC in the Port to stock them, like the Hala Hospice vendor who sells you Herbalism supplies, or possibly one of the rogue merchants as well.

You can, though I agree -- healing kits should definitely be available in Dementlieu.

The lack of Barkskin potions, I think that gap can be answered by a PC market! http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=26176.msg318664#new
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »
how about an urban druid in the park?

not all druids live out in the middle of no where like hermits

some work hand -in-hand with a community and the west being an advanced society maybe one is there trying to keep things balanced?

there or the first area where you come in with the vistani- lots of nice trees around
might also be a good quest giver combating the vermin of the city
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »
People bitch about the lack of Barkskin potions in Dementlieu, but how many of you place orders? Noooo :P

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 05:03:21 AM »
Uhm, the brew potions feat works on PoTM? Like can a druid brew barkskin potions via the feat system?

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

Glade

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 07:10:00 AM »
how about an urban druid in the park?

not all druids live out in the middle of no where like hermits

some work hand -in-hand with a community and the west being an advanced society maybe one is there trying to keep things balanced?

there or the first area where you come in with the vistani- lots of nice trees around
might also be a good quest giver combating the vermin of the city
I agree with this actually. Would be nice to see some druids in open spaces around different public areas. Especially if they sold nature-like wares.