You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: creating placeables  (Read 1026 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
creating placeables
« on: November 05, 2011, 08:07:54 PM »
Hello,

I seen this on another server and I think this might be useful here. That is to be able to create placables. ie tables, rugs, chairs and so forth.  This might help alivate some burden on DMs  during events if PCs can lay down items and what not.  Many of them could be done by the current crafts in the game, particularly wood working and leathermaking.

so I wonder what others think of this idea?

sincerely,

-herkles

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
Re: creating placeables
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 08:39:36 PM »
Arelith had something like this, -All- of the areas were way too cluttered with peoples attempt to change the server by making gardens, outdoor picnic areas and other decorative scenes where-ever they could. I think it would be a -good- idea if there was a method for players to receive kits or a widget to let them set up something on there own for an event, but the placeables should never be manufactured by players, otherwise it will just get out of hand.

dark_majico

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 05:19:00 AM »
Oh I can just imagine it, Necronia the (true nuetral) Necromancer/Pale Master/Shadow Adept wants to have a tea party with her friends Sorenia the Ritiouse Cleric, and Shadow 'the uber badas-assasin-turned-good-who-had-her-mind-controled-but-thought-the-mind-control-and-won-I-can-kill-you-from-20-paces-lesbian-but-I-still-like-nothing-more-than-to-enjoy-drinking-mint-tea-and-eating-scrumptiouse-blueberry-scones-that-I-also-bake-on-a-sunday-afternoon'. After the deliciouse tea party they go and adopt a puppy and sit in there magical fairy garden and talk about the weather for hours on end.

Im not slating Arileth (really I'm not), I just do not like the people who think a good roleplay sesion involves tea partys and talking about the weather in a garden.  :banghead:

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 09:37:28 AM »
Arelith was kind of cool for that reason alone. You could make, say, paintings via signs, just for example, and decorate your player-owned guildhouse or house with swag. Of course, for every cool placeable that was player-made, you had twenty blank signs, and sixty placeables no one ever bothered to make cool things for.

I would like more placeables that you can at least buy and put down, like the candles and birdcages. Sittable chairs you can just grab, carry about (albeit under encumbrance), and use on the ground would be nice, for instance.