Author Topic: Change portrait  (Read 3401 times)

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
Change portrait
« on: November 05, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »
Anyone know how to change portrait. Without rebuild ?

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Re: Change portrait
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 11:12:14 AM »
In some servers you could do it on the starting area with a NPC, in others you could simply change it on the rest menu.

Bodhidharma

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 11:36:42 AM »
In some servers you could do it on the starting area with a NPC, in others you could simply change it on the rest menu.

This, if the server doesn't have any in-game options to change portrait you would probably have to send a Leto request to the server host.

Kagetora

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 12:18:05 PM »
Is there any way to implement this in PotM?  I recently had a computer hard-drive crash, and when I got everything back up and running, a lot of the portraits I used for some of my toons were gone (and I can't find the files again).  So, now my log-in screen has a lot of those blank, shadowed, hooded figures.  Lame.  It would be nice to be able to change the portraits on those.

Eagle882

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 12:24:23 PM »
Would be cool to mess around with the Portraits on the fly like that.
Temporarily retired.

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 09:07:01 PM »
You can check what the file name for a portrait is with LETO, and then place a new portrait file in your portraits folder that has the same name. I've done this several times for my own character since I have a custom portrait I haven't posted yet on the forums.

Kagetora

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 10:29:13 PM »
You can check what the file name for a portrait is with LETO, and then place a new portrait file in your portraits folder that has the same name. I've done this several times for my own character since I have a custom portrait I haven't posted yet on the forums.

LETO?

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 11:40:18 PM »
LETO?
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=other.detail&id=1288

LETO is a character editor program.

If you don't want to bother working with it yourself, you can feel free to save a character bic in game and pm me a method to download the file, and I'll tell you what the portrait file name is and help you out from there.

Kagetora

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 12:21:18 AM »
LETO?
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=other.detail&id=1288

LETO is a character editor program.

If you don't want to bother working with it yourself, you can feel free to save a character bic in game and pm me a method to download the file, and I'll tell you what the portrait file name is and help you out from there.

Kind of you, thank you.   :D  I'll fiddle with it myself for a while, and if I run into a wall, give you a shout.  Thanks!

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 05:51:33 AM »

Ah Thanks took me awhile to figure out to have S,T,H,L thinggy behind the name but now everything fine !

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 05:56:05 AM »
Ew... for a moment I thought you referred to this one

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKmM895QdFk [/youtube]

(One the friends of mine with whom I go to concerts is -desperately- trying to persaude me to go to one of theirs... where we actually went in 2010 during a festival *shivers*)

Erm...

:offtopic: I know...
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 05:24:43 PM »

Ah Thanks took me awhile to figure out to have S,T,H,L thinggy behind the name but now everything fine !

Yeah, the proper way to do it would be (unless you want to have edited portraits like I have,) for making the portrait easy would to name the file such as mayvindportrait.jpg   and place it to your portraits folder, and then use the convert portrait debug command in game to automatically create those portraits files of STHL. You can then edit each of those picture files appropriate if you wanted to have say, a full body 'huge' picture, and the smaller pictures zoom in on the face.