Author Topic: incapiting other PCs but not kill them  (Read 2856 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
incapiting other PCs but not kill them
« on: October 30, 2011, 07:22:44 PM »
Hello,

This is something i think I seen suggested in the past, but I would like to discuss it further. That is to be able to knock someone out to where you get there body like when you normally kill them but they are alive just unconscious. Basically killing them in subduel would grant you the body but you can click it to bring up an option of bringing them back to consciousness. I think this would help a lot, particularly for MPCs and the garda/gendarme PCs.

what do others think?

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Re: incapiting other PCs but not kill them
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 07:28:42 PM »
Probably be more trouble than its worth scripting, most players should accept being dragged off by a monster who takes them down in Subdual mode

Sewerfish

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 10:05:45 PM »
I like the idea

Jay

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 04:24:13 AM »
Probably be more trouble than its worth scripting, most players should accept being dragged off by a monster who takes them down in Subdual mode

Seconded. Part of the good RP dynamic on this server is trusting others to Rp -with- you not -against- you, especially in PVP. If I subdued someone, and then they got up and ran off despite me [grapple]ing them or emoting tying them up. Then they have lost out more from the RP, not me, and i won't be in a hurry to engage with them again.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 09:58:26 PM »

Seconded. Part of the good RP dynamic on this server is trusting others to Rp -with- you not -against- you, especially in PVP. If I subdued someone, and then they got up and ran off despite me [grapple]ing them or emoting tying them up. Then they have lost out more from the RP, not me, and i won't be in a hurry to engage with them again.

(might even become a CC issue)
not to mention such words tend to spread around about players rapidly. OOC and IC issues allways spread fast!
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
maybe I did not word this properly but the idea I got was from this post by Senies.

I wish that while subduel mode was active and a player was knocked out by someone with it active, the next time their hit instead of them bugging out and never being able to get up, that it instead corpses them with a unconscious or knocked out labeled corpse, that has a use selection while the body is on the ground for rez, or rp waking them up.
Is something like that even possible?

This is what i thought of discussing and seeing if it was possible as I think it would be helpful for others such as MPCs.

Bodhidharma

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 01:55:07 PM »
Played on a server with a similar function, you targeted a bleeding/unconscious player and you picked them up as a corpse while the unconscious player was teleported to a dark and empty 1x1 area with full HP.

You then carry the corpse to a desired location, drop it down and the unconscious player would be teleported to that spot and his/her HP dropped down to the HP he/she had before getting picked up.

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 03:10:03 PM »
@subdual and rp is alot less work, although it would be cool.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
Yeah, really a good role-player should be able to play along with it... if it ever was a big enough issue to necessitate that kind of thing though, there should be a timer of sorts before you automatically regain consciousness to prevent any potential abuse/griefing.  Too bad you can't mechanically carry a live person in NWN, as I suspect that's perhaps part of the motivation behind the idea.

dark_majico

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 09:30:13 AM »
Hmm if your subduled then you may as well be unconciouse from a roleplay perspective, and if your unconciouse it would be cool to be able to drag bodys around. That would be awsome, and really I dont think it would be a difficult thing to script. It would involve a teleport script and a reduction to 0HP function for the victim once there ported back into the IC world. Also porting them to a darkend tiny room would be a better solution to the lame ass blindness NWN gives us.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 01:10:25 PM »
Thought of this before, can't remember if we discussed it or not, but will bring the idea to the next dev meeting.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »
i usually check if its ok to come around yet  when subdued.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 03:16:20 PM »
Hello,

This is something i think I seen suggested in the past, but I would like to discuss it further. That is to be able to knock someone out to where you get there body like when you normally kill them but they are alive just unconscious. Basically killing them in subduel would grant you the body but you can click it to bring up an option of bringing them back to consciousness. I think this would help a lot, particularly for MPCs and the garda/gendarme PCs.

what do others think?

I really like this Idea. It makes perfect IC sense to be able to pick up a UN-conscious person, rather then having to send them a OOC tell to..

"Follow me I have  yoou in my hands" + The act of having to wait for them to come out of subduel.

~ Chris
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 03:22:46 PM »
Discussion on this already on our dev-forums, started by me actually: « on: March 01, 2010, 07:11:23 PM »

Gonna see what can be done.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 03:59:01 PM »
!

This would be ridiculously awesome.

Glade

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »
I agree, we need this!

Threefold

• Dark Lord
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 10:17:13 AM »

Thirded a thousand times. (one thousand and thirded?)

Don't punish the players who will roll with being captured by throwing them in the fugue, denying them part of RP until they're returned. If they were going to refuse to allow themselves to be tied up, they'd just refuse to RP the scene when they're returned to their corpse, or yell at people who subdued them in tells, and cause even more drama.