You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Craftable Coffins?  (Read 1452 times)

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
Craftable Coffins?
« on: October 30, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »
As I was sitting here making bows it occurred to me.."Where does the Undertaker gets all his coffins?". What if woodworkers could craft coffins and sell them to the Undertaker for a measly amount of fang? Would add more to the crafting side of things and have a good IC reason for the scary death man to have all those coffins sitting outside his building!

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: Craftable Coffins?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 01:19:37 PM »
actually I would love if crafters could make some placables, ie, tables and chairs as well for events so that DMs wouldn't not be neccessary in setting them up for PC made events.

Immortal Crisis

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »
As I was sitting here making bows it occurred to me.."Where does the Undertaker gets all his coffins?". What if woodworkers could craft coffins and sell them to the Undertaker for a measly amount of fang? Would add more to the crafting side of things and have a good IC reason for the scary death man to have all those coffins sitting outside his building!

Haha yes! If there was a "like" button here I'd like it, I think being able to craft coffins would be pretty fun.

Ternce

• Undead Master
  • Ye be naught but a worm.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
I approve of this idea.  The guy in the trading house will already buy your wagon wheels, and crates, I'd say coffins are a popular item in Barovia too.  The only arguments against it that I can see is that you -might- get that random drunk troll who just goes around setting up coffins everywhere and also that it would have to be an intermediate recipe that would require much more scripting work than it would get use out of.

I don't know how much work would be involved in allowing PC's to make placeables (stool and chair) that you can use like the eisel, birdcage, and hukkahs, but that would be pretty swag to create and something I can imagine myself making a lot of.

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 12:06:34 AM »
i like the idea of the craftable items
i enjoyed woodworking on another server

that would be pretty neat to have some setting based ones
i love things like the tent and camp fire

the poster above mentioned crates... if you drop one down does it actually put a crate placeable down?
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 04:48:50 AM »
I doubt that PCs would start crafting 150 lbs heavy coffins for 50 fangs.  :(

Drogos the undertaker probably receives the coffins from local woodworkers whom we do not see. Similarly we do not see great many things that' re happening behind the curtain, like peasants on the fields, nor windmills, yet there's always fresh bread on the table.

((makes me wonder....is there a windmill at all in game? ))

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 06:39:40 AM »
There is.

Ternce

• Undead Master
  • Ye be naught but a worm.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 04:01:14 PM »
There -used- to be a Windmill, then this Quixote jerk came through the mists.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:02:51 PM by Ternce »