You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Ezrite Seeks Fellow Pilgrims  (Read 1319 times)

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Ezrite Seeks Fellow Pilgrims
« on: October 03, 2011, 01:38:24 PM »
[posted on the boards in Vallaki & Port-a-Lucine]

To my Ezrite brothers & sisters,

I seek to perform a pilgrimage to pray at all known Shrines to Ezra, and would offer to share my journey with fellow devouts for the purpose of company and mutual protection.

If you would wish to join me on such a quest, please seek me out or write to me; I am usually resident at the Lady's Rest Inn, Vallaki, Barovia.

Ezra Bless,
Layman Marcus Hulford

(OOC: PM me to organise if you'd like to join in! :) )
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:46:03 PM by aprogressivist »
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: Ezrite Seeks Fellow Pilgrims
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:05:33 PM »
greetings Layman,

I would like to speak to you about this pilgrimage, seek me out at the church of ezra in the vallaki.

Ezra bless,

-warden Morello

Bodhidharma

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 07:38:38 PM »
[Visits some board in Port-a-Lucine, the word "Ezrite" quickly draws the attention of my character and he somehow sends a long distance reply to the other player in the Ladies Rest Inn]

Dear Layman Hulford,

I would like to partake in your grand journey please send all further information about the pilgrimage, dates and the like to me. I can be found in the Governor's Hotel Traveler's Suite Two (2).

Yours Faithfully,
Acolyte Hyde

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:47:12 AM »
OOC: anyone interested in scheduling a time to do this, please see the thread here: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=25776.0
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 06:25:59 AM »
Word spreads amongst Ezrites that the itinerary of the pilgrimage will be as follows:

• DAY 0: Evening prayer at the Refuge cathedral in Vallaki for those who can attend.
(OOC: for those who are on before Sat 6pm UK / 1pm EST)
  • DAY 1: Quick prayer service at 5am to bless the pilgrims. Meet up at the Refuge cathedral in Vallaki to depart Saturday at first light (OOC: meet up from around Sat 6pm UK / 1pm EST, head off as soon as IC day breaks)
  • DAY 1: Venture forth to the shrine on Mt. Baratak. Prayer & devotions at the shrine.
  • DAY 1: Attempt to return to the Fishing Lodge by night fall; failing this, stay at the Wagner Mine barracks until day break if arrival at the Baratak shrine is tardy.
  • DAY 2: Venture to the shrine at the Vistani camp near Vallaki. Prayer & devotions at the shrine.
  • DAY 2: Venture to the shrine on the road to Dvergeheim. Prayer & devotions at the shrine.
  • DAY 2: Return to the Refuge cathedral for mid-day prayer and to meet up with any pilgrims who were unable to arrival on the first day. Depart to the village of Barovia if it is not too late, or else stay overnight in Vallaki.
  • DAY 3: Quick prayer service at 5am to bless the pilgrims. (If still in Vallaki: Depart for the village of Barovia at first light.)
  • DAY 3: Prayer & devotions at the shrine in the village of Barovia.
  • DAY 3: Voyage with the Vistani. Prayer & devotions at the shrine in the Vistani Mist camp.
  • DAY 3/4: Voyage to Port-a-Lucine. Closing service at the Cathedral of St. Mere-des-Larmes.

Layman Marcus Hulford will be arranging beasts of burden to carry any necessary supplies.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:39:21 PM by aprogressivist »

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 05:08:42 PM »
The tale will be told that the pilgrimage to Mt. Baratak was completed successfully, visiting four shrines along the way, including three upon Mt. Baratak itself.

However, the journey had taken longer than anticipated, thus the rest of the pilgrimage was put on hold when the pilgrims returned to Vallaki; the intent, it is said, is to find out the location of more shrines in the Ghakis and to turn the pilgrimage there. However, this will take a few weeks or months of preparation...