Author Topic: Suggestion: Obituaries/Requiem sub-forum  (Read 850 times)

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Suggestion: Obituaries/Requiem sub-forum
« on: October 04, 2011, 01:01:18 PM »
Just something that occured to me while reading a biography post.

Sometimes, characters die or get written out and we don't always get to hear of the story. Yet I can say that this would be of great interest to me; since we can't all be online at the same time, if a character whose story I am interested in and following dies when I'm offline, my only option is usually to ask the player about it.

But perhaps we could have a sub-forum dedicated to obituary/requiem posts? i.e. a post giving closure to that particular character's story?

As with the biography forum, certain standards of etiquette would be expected -- no gravedancing, for instance. But if used correctly I think it could add something to the forum and the communuity as a whole!
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Freshmen

• New to the Mists
  • hi
Re: Suggestion: Obituaries/Requiem sub-forum
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:42:02 PM »
I think it's actually a really interesting idea. Bringing closure to the end of a story is a key part of storytelling, and it's what keeps your readers coming back for more.