You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: making guns and explosives  (Read 1032 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
making guns and explosives
« on: September 22, 2011, 12:03:36 AM »
Hello,

One thing I have noticed is that despite several explosives existing in the game; the most famous being black-powder kegs,fireworks, bombs, and guns, there is not a way to make them. So what I was thinking of was a way to make them and create them. This likely should not be a new crafting skill but instead just use the one that uses the existing ones.  My idea is that black smithing and alchemy for the most part would be used in tangent to make the items. blacksmiths would make the metal parts needed and alchemists would make the powder neccesary and what not.

One could make fire works, guns of all types, bombs, blackpowder kegs and perhaps more with this concept.

I am curious what others think of the idea?

sincerely,

-herkles

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Re: making guns and explosives
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 04:20:43 AM »
I agree, it would be fun and also add broader value to the Alchemy craft which relates closer to its "scientific" real-life progression.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: making guns and explosives
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 12:01:12 PM »
I wonder if there is any thoughts on the idea of being able to make gunpowder items IG?