Author Topic: Player Item Thread  (Read 2496 times)

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
Player Item Thread
« on: September 03, 2011, 11:27:50 PM »
Out of sheer boredom, I opened up the toolset and decided to joke around and make some items based on the idea of creating it from that character (quite possibly an actual piece of them).

I encourage others to think up some other ones as well, but try to keep within the normal 8k limit! We might just see one or two in game sometime. :D

Senies Hide Cloak

Description: This thick, leathery cloak was hand crafted from the wings of one Senies Ko'Thor. His tough hide and ever enduring flesh bolsters its wearer against burns of all sorts.

Damage Resistance: Acid 5
Damage Resistance: Fire 5
Improved Saving Throws: Fortitude +2

Total Cost: 6605

Jinx's Sight

Description: Known for her keen sight, these goggles, once worn by Miss Jinx of the Red Vardo Traders, have obtained the sharpness her eyes held.

Bonus Feat: Darkvision
Bonus Feat: Keen Sense
Skill Bonus: Spot +2

Total Cost: 6253

Spoiler'd for possibly being offensive!
Spoiler: show
Kayne's Left Testicle

Description: Rumour has it that the right testicle is so powerful that only Kayne himself can wield it.
Item Type: Fashion Accessory

Bonus Feat: Barbarian Rage x2/day
Skill Bonus: Antagonize +4

Total Cost: 4001

More to come when I find caffeine...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:27:29 AM by Kenkaku »
I am but a blade, A simple tool of destruction.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Player Item Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 12:15:07 AM »
I actually thought about doing this for some older, now-gone characters as well. If you guys come up with reasonable items within our restrictions, I'll try to make them. :)

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 12:21:28 AM »
I think the Mask of Vincent would be cool, i dont know how many times he cast scare on chars.....that would be cool.

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 12:25:32 AM »
I actually thought about doing this for some older, now-gone characters as well. If you guys come up with reasonable items within our restrictions, I'll try to make them. :)

[A heavenly chorus calls from above]

:twisted:

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 12:30:08 AM »
One caveat: it cannot be based on a character of a player that's been permanently banned. Should be self-explanatory as to why.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 02:17:26 AM »
Vasco's untouched meal.

Description: Borcans generally don't like eating food they did not prepare themselves. Of course, some are more paranoid about poison than others.

Food item.
Has a 25% chance of poisoning whoever eats it.

The_Reapers_Wraith

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 02:51:26 AM »
Name:
Harp of the Wayward Soul

Description:
The harp produces a haunting low pitched sound when its strings are plucked, producing melancholy melodies. Its design makes it easy for novices to use. A few decorative four point stars and crescent moons have been carved onto it with care. On the sides, the woodworker who crafted it also inscribed a few sentences:
"Almost every choice you make will be the wrong one. People will be hurt no matter what you do, no matter what side you take. And doing nothing is compliance to the problems of the world.

But along the way, the option to make a right choice will always come up. A choice to make a difference in the world, a choice to try and help those in need.

No matter how many wrong choices we make, we always have that freedom to make the right one."

Properties:
+4 influence.

The goal of the item is to be a +influence item for non-bards RPing using an instrument, since non-bards can roll influence instead of perform.

Loriena

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 02:53:06 AM »
Goldbane Heirloom.

Description: Goldbane is the name of a once infamous merc, once adorned in the middle of his shield. He passed this plate on to his only known daughter. It seems to be solid, along with a skull pressed on the face of it.

Accessory, Amulet.

Bonuses: AC +4
             A +2 to all parry and strength checks.

Damage resistance to Negative damage by 2  
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:55:56 AM by Loriena »

Springer

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 03:42:09 AM »
Kith's reliable crossbow

Description: This steel heavy crossbow is lighter then it looks. It is rumoured that it is belonged to some outlander once who hasnt been seen for a long time. How that crossbow was replicated and spread around Barovia is unknown.

Attack bonus +1
Weight reduction: 80% of weight.
Ricard Dateel
Tullus Araphenson

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 05:51:59 AM »
Revendall dirty poker

Description: A walking staff with a small hook on it for lifting skirts and such. Fittingly for the old man who loved women half his age to much. In the end women although know what you are doing with that stick. Also good for lifting off things from belts thanks to the sturdy hook!

Attack bonus + 1
Pick pocket + 2
- 4 Influence

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:31:47 AM by Budly »

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 06:19:13 AM »
Belovich's Leg
A Barovian old wives tale claims this unique item is in fact the long lost leg of Corporal Belovich himself & as part of him has somehow retained part of the Corporal's hatred of all things non-barovian, along with imparting some of his personality upon the wielder.

Item : Club
Appearance:
Top : 6 /4
middle: 6/4
bottom 6/4

Properties :
Attack Bonus vs Racial group [Half-orc] +1
Dammage bonus vs Racial group [Half-orc] 1d4 bludgoning
Decreased skill modifier  :  Influence -2

Cost 966gp

Badelaire

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 09:29:15 AM »
Entirely a joke item.

Tred's Wary Treads

These appear to be the sort of calf-length leather boots popular with fashion concious swordsmen with practicality and function too! They're very comfortable with plenty of movement in the insole reducing the risk of sore feet on long marches. On closer inspection there's a hidden blade in the heel and the toe caps are lined with steel which allows the wearer the sort of cheap, dirty shots people from the outland city of Westgate are famed for.

As Tredow Folquin would put it:

"Nothing fares better than a swift boot to the groin to solve all ills. You don't have to kick a man gracefully, just send his balls into his throat."

AC +1
Discipline +3
Sneak attack 2d6
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:48:55 AM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 09:44:23 AM »
A jokey take on a purely RP item in progress

Laila's Liners

These gold-framed, rose-tinted spectacles appear to be a faithful copy of the ones favoured by the fashionable night goers in more urbane domains with a twist: wearing them reduces the brightness that can often affect a shadow stepper's vision in day time. However this only appears to work for them as normal people who wear them constantly just end up bumping into things at night much to the amusement of hungry monsters.

Immunity light
Immunity daze
Immunity blind
Immunity sunbeam
Immunity sunburst
Spot -50
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:49:22 AM by Badelaire »

Badelaire

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 09:48:32 AM »
Alexias' Almenac

This A6 sized book is packed full of all kinds of interesting and amazing facts on the arcane and magic in general. However it's writing is so damn small you have to really squint to be able to read any of it and as such spend a lot of your time trying to fathom its secrets and not looking where you're going.

Spellcraft +20
Lore +20
Spot -20
Listen -20
Concentration -20
Reflex -5
Intelligence +2
Wisdom -2
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:51:40 AM by Badelaire »

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 11:34:28 AM »
A few more I tossed together over breakfast.

Morticia's Blade

Item Type: Rapier
Description: Tales are told, in the bestial tongues of Old Noapte, of the greatest Hunter of the Night; Morticia Corpori. Known for her affliction and vile temperament, whispers of her dark power can still be heard in the night; Stories of the Mistress of Old Night, her pale flesh glowing with the radiance of her blade. The blade you now hold, that has been blessed, or perhaps cursed, with her vile abilities.

Attack Bonus +1
Vampiric Regeneration 1
Damage Bonus: Negative Energy 1
Damage Vulnerability: Divine 50% (I think that's what Vampires get, not sure. Maybe Positive would be better?)
Evil Glow is a must

Total Cost: 6684

He's not dead, but missing, and a legend. ;)

Andrio's Censor

Item Type: Torch/Flag/HolySymbol
Description: Best know for his calming aura and healing touch, this censor has been blessed by the High Priest of the Nameless 'Mistress'. The incense burned from this aged and worn censor bestows the user with his touch, the unnamed femme granting greater powers of healing.

Skill Bonus: Heal +4
Bonus Spell Slot: Cleric 1
Bonus Spell Slot: Cleric 2
Bonus Spell Slot: Cleric 3
Bonus Spell Slot: Cleric 4
Bonus Spell Slot: Cleric 5

Total Cost: 638 (dead serious, that's what it says :shock:)

Alternate on an amulet (for a more realistic price)

Bonus Spell Slot: Cleric 5
Skill Bonus: Heal +4

Total Cost: 6251
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:59:50 AM by Kenkaku »

Darktide18

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • Social Butterfly
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 12:14:28 PM »
Julia Cold's Cloak of Greed

Item Type: Cloak
Description: This cloak is as black as night and has a strange feel to it. When worn the wearer finds themselves with an almost uncontrollable desire to attain gold.  They also find themselves saying, "Hells..!" from time to time and they are not sure why.

Hide 3
MS 2
Wis -3
Will Save -2

Psyche

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 11:52:24 AM »

Some deceased characters

The Morag's Insatiable Hunger
Type: Spear
Desc: This spear, too large to be weilded safely by anything but the largest and strongest of creatures fills the bearer with an insatiable hunger for battle.
-1 AC
+1 AB
Vamp. Regen + 1

The Red Wizard's Grimoire
Type: Book
Desc: Though the script of this book is largely illegible, save for a large 'V' inside the front cover, if carried by an arcane weilder it bolsters their powers to a frightening degree.

Feat: Spell Penetration
Bonus Wizard Spell Slot 1
Bonus Wizard Spell Slot 2
Bonus Wizard Spell Slot 3