Author Topic: Lost my Neverwinter Nights Diamond Discs  (Read 3013 times)

Longevitus

• New to the Mists
Lost my Neverwinter Nights Diamond Discs
« on: September 03, 2011, 06:41:26 PM »
I have a bit of a problem. It seems that in my move from one part of town to another I have misplaced my copy of Neverwinter Nights Diamond. Fortunately I foresaw this eventuality, in part by knowing myself, and went in to my computer that had it installed and copied down the CD keys on my flash drive.

I have downloaded a torrented version of it once before but it seemed to not be the best version, so my question is this:

What is the best course of action to get it back onto my computer without having to go out and purchasing an entire new copy of it just for the discs because I have the keys and that, in reality, is what you are paying for when you purchase the game.

Thank you in advance,
Longevitus

Cohiin
Cohiin-Troubled Former Samurai
Caven-Ghoul :DEAD:
Saar-WereLeopard :DEAD:
Nalforothas Khalir-Tiefling Vampire Cleric :DEAD:
Joseph Dimoljic-Fat Vampire :DEAD:

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: Lost my Neverwinter Nights Diamond Discs
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 06:47:47 PM »
unfortunalty I am unsure, though on gog.com it is only 10$ if you want to rebuy it

Chaszmyr

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 06:56:19 PM »
I have downloaded a torrented version of it once before but it seemed to not be the best version,

Huh... Any old platinum or diamond version plus the 1.69 critical rebuild should do the trick.
Riccardo de Vesci - Red Vardo Traders
Taz'zyr Xorlarrin - Sorcere Graduate

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 07:17:32 PM »
The diamond edition is available for 5 bucks in several online stores here in Sweden I'll assume you have some online store available where you're from as well. Gog.com also has copies of it I've heard.

Otherwise you can always try to borrow the cds from someone but I'll ask you not to discuss pirating it on these forums.

Nemien Callishan

• Ezrite Anchorite wannabe
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 08:09:39 PM »
Copy the entire installation folder ontoa hard drive.

Create a deskstop shortcut to nwmain.exe (not to nwlauncher.exe - that won't work).

Run the exe from the shortcut and the game runs just fine. You won't even need to reinstall it. I know I've been running it from an old install folder for the last efw years without needing to reinstall yet. Additionaly the penultimate patch removed the need to have a disc in a drive so you can just run it nice and easy :).