Author Topic: Quick access to selected customization appereance  (Read 2067 times)

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
Quick access to selected customization appereance
« on: September 02, 2011, 08:06:41 AM »
Select which part of your clothing you'd like to modify and type the number to have it jump into that outlook at once.

Why? You can quickly change your outfit to better fit the roleplay and add to immersion:
Such as:

-removing the shirt, gloves, boots immediately
-hanging the quiver on the belt before heading out
-putting on a hat
-hanging an amulet around your neck
etc...

As it is currently we need to cycle through the insane ammount of choices to find the one we are looking for.
Besides once we learn which parts we are looking for will ease the customization quickly. I saw this on a different server, worked nicely. Also they had a save and recall option to cycle through the memorized customized outlooks.

Not sure how difficult it would be to implement. (I don't even know if cross-server you exchange scripts but I know the guy who scripted that)

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

VeeTpl

• giff RP pls
  • Undead Master
Re: Quick access to selected customization appereance
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 08:11:49 AM »
I honestly have seen such feature on... The Way Inn server, if I remember well.

You had 3 slots to save your outfit. Each one of them for a different outfit. It of course, did not work if you had a different AC put on yourself. But say 3 sets of 0 AC clothing, and you have yourself a neat and very handy tool to use.

But it is up to you, if that is just a minor change of one armour element, or a totally new set. ;)
Player of:
Yuliya Vorius

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:17:31 AM »
I'll

that..

Renegadelycan

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »
-removing the shirt, gloves, boots immediately

MISINTERPRETATION ALERT

Hmm...

Sorry back on topic now.. I have seen this scripted fairly easily and it shouldn't be too hard for an above average skill scripter. Though this isn't a priority task it could potentially be worth it for some people are least.
Current characters played:

Fenris Vahara
Kelict Maddos
Galius Corsairos

Deathpenalty

• Undead Slayer
  • Us liking yous!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 02:31:56 PM »
I actually think this is a brilliant idea and adds immersion. If there could be slots to save appearance, it'd be great since you wouldn't have to carry around three sets of clothing while one is actually useful when going on an adventure. Putting a hat off, a amulet on or even a bag for a delivery you're making.

+1

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »
For clothes it's as simple as crafting two sets of the same garb. One with a hat and one without it. Many people have done it in the past

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 03:13:29 PM »
For clothes it's as simple as crafting two sets of the same garb. One with a hat and one without it. Many people have done it in the past

Yes, I do the same. Currently though I'd need to carry at least 5-6 similar garbs, one without a shirt, one with an apron, one with a jacket, one without gloves, one with hat one without hat, and so on.

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 08:51:52 AM »
I think this is a fantastic idea and I would like to see it implemented.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 09:49:18 AM »

Does not work perfectly. Because if I have a chainmail on and I want to remove my gloves I'd have to carry two sets of chainmail with me.

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 06:26:59 PM »
soooo cause you use chainmail and tons of people that use clothing for rp purposes in taverns for example means this is a none working idea?

nah purist i agree with ya that its not an option for heavy armor wearing people but it would be a neat options for those who can use it, it doesnt harm it only adds.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 12:51:39 AM »
soooo cause you use chainmail and tons of people that use clothing for rp purposes in taverns for example means this is a none working idea?

nah purist i agree with ya that its not an option for heavy armor wearing people but it would be a neat options for those who can use it, it doesnt harm it only adds.

Agreed 100%  It would save time, inventory space and not force a player to either go find a discrete place to go alter the gear back and forth or potentially break immersion of other players slightly by cycling through the various parts. Two or three presets for a piece of gear should suffice.