Author Topic: Vistani Captain added near to the Outskirts.  (Read 4156 times)

Jay

• Dark Power
Re: Vistani Captain added near to the Outskirts.
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 05:59:58 AM »
Looking at player list, I'm seeing more and more people being in the Village and Dementlieu on regular basis.

Maybe this will slowly improve. The feel I get - and I apologize beforehand to those who manage to take offense - is that many of high level Vallaki loiters are seeking certain 'glory', either IC or OOC, for being the most high level about, and have no real wish to move their RP to other areas from what they are used to.

Village of Barovia is plentiful for craft resources, save smithing, and Dementlieu offers some resources, albeit not all.

While i won't disagree with this, i will point out that some players have very good reasons for remaining close to Vallaki, people involved in factions especially.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 07:48:56 PM »
Yes but my suggestion is only for a one way trip, you can get there quickly but you're still going to have to take the long trek back.

Anyway, for me it's quite the discouragment as the time spent to get to the Tser Pool is just too long in my little world view ;) I don't mind taking the long time back but having to walk all that way just to go there in the first place is a real ditterrent for me. I know the Devs are not going to implement horses and understand thier reasons even if I wouldn't do all those things that they fear the player base would do with mounts. Thus I thought I would suggest an alternate method of gettiong to mist camp quickly.

Oh well, one can hope I guess  :?

I've heard travelling overlland to Tser Pool and back isnt that big of a deal.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 08:04:46 PM »
Traveling on foot to Tsar's pool is only dangerous if you don't avoid/Outrun creatures. There's simple wolves that pose a threat, lead by a Worg or two.. The big problem is Orges and Gerlims. All of which you can out run, people just don't want to take the four IG hours of walking required.

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 10:27:06 PM »
Travelling overland to Tser Pool is not that big of a deal I would agree, yes. That's not my point however. It's a time thing, with the exhaustion system in place you can't run all that way not that I ever did anyway as I take the stance that nobody runs constantly in real life so I never make my characters run all the time either. Anyway my point is having a quicker way to get to Mist Camp should be offered in those rare cases when one needs to get there quickly.

The bigest deterent for me is the time it takes to get there not the walk itself and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that. More often than not peeps say "Add more Content" believing this will encourage us to move away from the outskirts. Well to be honest more content is nice and all but when you gotta waste 30min (give or take) to get anywhere of interest then most times you reconsider, least I do. Now if you make it easier to get from point A to point B I garauntee you more people will make the journey.