Author Topic: I feel kinda lost  (Read 1341 times)

Hexatar

• New to the Mists
I feel kinda lost
« on: August 27, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »
New player for this kinda RP online in NWN. It's fun but I just feel really lost in this server and all that.

I know there are small quests here and there and maybe I need to explore a little more. But I feel like it doesn't matter where I go since killing monsters give no EXP and just roleplaying slightly with other players or make something up like: (Let's purge the crypt of undead!) feel a bit akward for you just don't know where to go or what to do... <.<

(It's fun though)

Just feeling lost where to go and why to go there...

And the person I'm ment to play with kinda I don't get connected with since Msn(The only way to contact him for the time being)  is mean like always ;/

^^ Help please.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:25:47 PM by Hexatar »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
Re: I feel kinda lost
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »
Hey and welcome to the server! If you are playing more mundane classes with no witchery and magic my toon Giles can be very helpful. Often aid new players and rp with them... and if you are some magic class, just hide it well :D

He's often around the outskirts. What's your char's name?

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 12:31:31 PM »
It just looks like you aren't gaining XP from killing monsters. Since the XP is hidden until you level.

VeeTpl

• giff RP pls
  • Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 12:31:51 PM »
Do remember, that the XP progress bar is hidden. ;)

Killing stuff gives XP, though Ravenloft is unique on this matter, because it is not focused on grinding and clearing like caves. It certainly can be done if you get yourself in a group, but is not the everyday essence. At least not for me, and many like-minded players on the server.

And this is your solution for getting immersed in the world. Even if your character can have issues towards specific men (let it be race, dogma, whatever...), try to get along with people. Get to know them as characters, set up a hunting group, etc.

Ravenloft is all about immersion and getting yourself captured within the atmosphere of the world. And this is why I love it so much personally. :)

Enjoy the server. It is really worth it!
Player of:
Yuliya Vorius

Hexatar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 12:35:06 PM »
Aha. Just new and it stood I gained EXP it just never showed itself.

Ehh. So far I'm just trying. Geeze I haven't played NWN in about 5years. ^^ So i picked a fighter just to make everything simple-r.

Hah. I am so far at the Vistani camp or the morninglords temple area. (At the inn there.. Outside the town?)

I guess I'll relog then and maybe you can help me around :) I try to RP my best but my texts can be a bit slow or after reflexed >.< (Due to when ever I try to type it keep erasing itself or just me pondering what to say ^^)

Will relog then ^^

Ah! I better not forget xD

Erast Utherark

Hexatar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 12:37:46 PM »
So far I play a more or less ''ex-Guard'' that is a bit friendly to everyone. But If it comes to rouges or evil acts I will try to play him more or less against that.. Just like I'll try to play to Drow's who relieve themselves a sort of.. rasiscm? Or other evil races... But since he is from Silverymoon he's quite used to dwarves and elves and halflings ^^

Thanks for the post anyway ^^

dark_majico

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 01:07:23 PM »
When you played neverwinter nights 5 years ago was that single player, or multiplayer? What other games have you had experiance with, Baldures Gate? Icewind Dale? Planescape, Pool of Radiance? What characters do you play here in PotM? If you list them, and give a brieft description on what sort of character they are we can look out for them and im sure many people will shoot you a tell if you like and get together in game for some roleplaying.

Hexatar

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »
I was only 11-12 back then and played simply because I liked becoming a level 20wizard and stop time and kill everything I saw so I could get slowly into level 40 with super items. Basically not serious play ^^

Icewind dale 2 I'm in the middle of playing. And paper games like Dnd if it counts. ^^

One character so far:

Erast Utherark.
Ex-solider of Silverymoon and used to be a merchant too. But now he's more of a freelancer that want to purge the world out of ''evil''. Thou evil I mean like bandits or beetles that are nosiance and threatfull for the innocent people. Not undeads or really evil powers. He's not the ''major'' character in a story. Just a typical man that wants to do his job.

He's stubborn and unfamiliar in barovia. He don't fear the night that everyone seems to do. He's not rasist uncept for evil races like Drow, tiefling. But even there he have a matter of  ''As long you don't harm me or anyone around I won't harm you''.

And he've got a bad view on the morninglord. He sees them as ''false priests'' that can't even purifiy their own church.

-------- -------

Though after one game play. It might be because I've felt bored/blank the moment I woke up today.. Probaly due to poor sleep (Around 4-5hours only ^^'') But it was fun.. But I just felt like nothin' seemed to happen. You walk around you speak with someone and are in character. But I just feel no quests or.. harm in being up at night. I lack the fear so far ;/ I guess that's because DM puts up sudden event/Adventures sometimes (OR am I wrong?) and I just haven't experience one of them yet.

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 08:02:08 PM »
Firstly , sounds like you have a good grip on your character  :thumbup:   "just a typical man who wants to do his job " ...Thats a great & refreshing change. 

You say you havent seen anything to make you afraid of the dark ?  You have to be the luckiest guy ever , there are lots of MPCs (Monster Player Characters) about recently , its not like you'll see them leaning on a tree at night , until its too late .

Listen to the tales of others , ask questiions & you'll soon realise how dangerous the world is about you. 

The most dangerous thing to do, is to stick your nose into other people's buisness & get involved, but its also the best way to see some action.

Quests dont just drop into your lap, you have to make a bit of effort & ask about.  Also its not like you will be hunting vampires every night, just like in  real life its full of mundane tasks like finding food , making some money.

If you feel a bit lost , dont worry , thats natural , after all you have just been taken by some strange occurance to a land thats nothing like your own.

I'm not saying that your not trying hard enough , because making friends in this place is hard ...everyone is very suspicious of each other .  I'm only saying dont be disheartened & keep on talking to folk , asking questions about the world .

Sooner or later you will find some action & regret it  :twisted:   If you have questions about the game its self , just pick someone who seems to be standing about & send them a "tell" , most players here will be more than welcome to answer your questions