Author Topic: A hunter's query - Journal and notes of Giles Emry  (Read 24024 times)

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
Re: A hunter's query - Journal and notes of Giles Emry
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 02:10:57 PM »
The prey #1: Ghost of the laboratory
Identification

In order to successfully counter this prey, namely the apparition that dwells in the abandoned laboratory a hunter who values his life must prepare accordingly. Facing an unknown adversary is something I'd let for those zealous, short-sighted, short-lived paladins from Feyrun.
The very first step is the identification of the ghost itself. From rumors, and confession of a victim the whole building seemed to be alive. This is a very important bit of data, as such is a distinctive characteristic of a fourth magnitude spirit. Which - is one of the worst. Only ghosts of this magnitude and over are able to inhabit buildings, making inanimate objects larger than a painting or a carriage living. (for reference : The Thundering Carriage is a 3rd magnitude apparition )

The spirit according to reports capable to move furniture, and even made his presence : a dreadful looking twisted semi-corporeal creature easily misidentified as a zombie. IT never leaves the laboratory making me assume that it is anchored to it. Strangely the haunting is not commenced every time someone enters it's lair.

The origin of the ghost is probably sudden death, many scattered notes indicated a great unexpected tragedy that happened in the laboratory. The mad scientist devoted his life to this experiment, causing sufficient emotion at the time of death  create a very strong apparition.

Hypothetical summary:
Magnitude: 4th
Physical consistency: corporeal / semi-corporeal
Pysical appereance: distorted (hence the decaying appereance. Effects of the aging and decay on flesh did not seemed to stop after the ghost was created, thus it resembles on it's appereance)
Origin: sudden death
Anchor: place
Trigger: perhaps time or cyclic (not comfirmed. An apparition that haunts a place to which it's anchored reacts to intruders harshly and at every occasion)
Powers: Cause wounds, inhabit objects (building, furniture), inhabit victims, paralyze, cause aging, cause despair, create illusions, drain memories / abilities, probably not keening[/i]

Side-note: Determination of the trigger is crucial. The apparition had been encountered a few times, this brings me to the assumption that it might be triggered on a certain time or cyclic. Without identifying this trigger we might as well go there to find nothing just the remnants of the past.

Following: Weaknesses / plans to cease the haunting
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:05:11 PM by Winter83 »

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 12:38:34 PM »
Ruined and cursed

Lost more things in a weak than in a year. First,  sweet Diamond is lost. And now the Mirror is broken, the shards cut the flesh, the blood drips on the plan. The plan is ruined. Oh cursed woman. What did she strive to accomplish to prove? She had no understanding what the Hunt means. The special bond between the prey and the pursuer. A thrill, the day and night of planning just to see everything to slide into it's place. Facing the object of the hunt. To look into it's eyes, when it realizes there's no way of escape, the trap is closed.

And with her magic simply. With a click of her finger she managed to ensnare the prey of my dreams. I felt like stabbed in the chest with an ice-cold dagger when I looked into the eyes of the broken were-wolf, chained up with runes and sorcery. This is not the way. This is not hunt. This is -slavery-.

He ignored the warnings. Of the haunted building. The experiments were not prepared. No men could have stayed in that laboratory for the duration of the research. Only a matter of time it'd have taken for it's pack to find the captured wolf.

But that is the least that bothers me. Her constant craving to prove her talents. Her attempts to enslave me. Her wish to be worshiped and Through tricks, through her witch-craft, humiliate me. I'm noone's property. I am noone's little hunter held in the pocket for amusement and entertainment. I am cursed with them.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:45:07 PM by Winter83 »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 06:17:35 AM »
Poisons and toxins

Today I woke up in cold sweat, yesterday's dinner left my stomach. The strong odour of plants, roots, and mushrooms burned into my palm's skin, my hands smell of mold, and leaves, and the inky green of the fey leaves painted my fingers that I cannot wash down anymore. The fumes of the brewing and sampling, consuming the potions made me sick. The toxins slowly built up in my constitution, choking me from the inside. Nausea, dimmed eyesight, faster pounding of my heart, and burning of my eyes, needle pain in my arms.
I believe I got addicted to the foxtail tincture.

Note to self: use less grave mold.

But it has an advantage too, dealing with the sickness my mind is less detracted by emotions. The other poison that's lately devouring my clear thinking. Overlaying the strong odour of the herbs I can sense her fragrance. Not sure if that's on my mind, or is really on my skin. Yet one is certain. These emotions are similarly addictive as the herbal tinctures. And intoxication have very similar symptoms.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 06:19:18 AM by Winter83 »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 11:13:07 AM »
The beast within

Whether it was a dream or reality I found myself dazed on the forest floor in the stone circle by Lillith. I great hollow in my chest, a burden missing, and a some unexplainable bond of warmth and trust towards the sorceress.
Fragments of memories invading my mind. Figures of the past. Anna the girl I forsaken for the beast in my cowardice, the thundering rage, the beast within the seeker of prey, the render of flesh, the hunger muzzled and leashed, now a force that drives and not hinders. Chains of faith weakened and replaced by an embrace of pure wilderness and understanding. A sense of independence. Break from the chain of lies and anger. Confusion shattered.

Slumbering energies drifting and whirling in my veins. Lillith said I was born with these, bonded with the wilderness, the nature, an odd sensation of control and concentration, I feel nature of it's purest form, hear the worms under the soil, the slowly growing roots, can see through the eyes of the crows and the minks, the deer and the boars, the bark of the trees are my own skin, the wind and breeze of the forest and rivers are my own breath, my heart pumps at the rhythm of the pulsating life of the wilderness. The veil has fallen and the blind sees. I am the Hunter,the Beast within is on the leash, ready to be released at the approach of his Prey, untamed, unruly, submerged.

Am I cursed? Am I blessed?

....The end of Chapter I...

((Great thanks for everyone who had a great influence on Giles's story in his early levels:
Yuliya Vorius
Lillith Mirror
Halger Hugenottir
Jon Saxon
Erynne Perselli
Legos Sylvester
The Garda
The Vardo
The Rebels
The Ezrite
Dm Decay - for the stories
Dm Macabre - for the horror
Dm Stygian - for the Rebel/Militia theme
Dm Heretic - for the vampires
Dm Tarokka - for the Port interactions
Dm Exordium - for the stories

And many others who brought twists and turns on this Chapter one, if you read this journal you were likely involved somehow so cheers ))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:10:09 PM by Winter83 »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 04:08:11 AM »
Chapter II.

Life in the hollow

I walk the lands with a strange emptyness ever since the ritual. The color of the world around me changed. I strongly believed in fate that everything in one's life is predetermined and no matter what you do you cannot step down from the path destined to you. 'Everything happens for a reason' - my father's voice still echoes in my head as he was teaching me. 'Such is the Grand Scheme' - sayeth the priest of Ezra in the Shire every sunday when we traveled there. I even trusted my greatest decisions to a simple wooden dice, seeing if everything is already decided a dice won't be able to detour me from the path. A mockery on all what I believed in.

Shackles they are, the delusional bars of the cage that surrounds us, offering safety and peace. Yet -and only now have I understood this- trapped in this cage when the wolf is around, sniffing and finding a way to reach us little preys, it is terrifying.

I grasped every opportunity to numb my senses in fear from the new days. Liquor, whores, gambling. Whatever could bring me some distraction, make me forget the cruelty of the world around, a new morrow when that wolf might finally reaches the frightened little bird in the cage. I was the pray not the hunter, no matter what I believed. Things that fueled an ever growing paranoia. It is still there. I still never sit down back facing the door, I still open my eyes at every noise at night. But it's fading.

My faith was ripped out, and no telling what will fill the hollow.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 04:52:45 PM by Winter83 »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 01:30:33 PM »
Wrath in the hollow...

It did not take long to find the new inhabitants of the hollow. Wrath arrived first.

I stalked a pack of wolves near the village for some days, watching their movements their hunting habits, their communication. Did not take long to realize they are a mountain bred were-wolves. I was watching them form the shadows hypnotized, my mind focused like looking through a pipe. Days and nights ceased to exist only them. Inpure ones I could tell. Infected ones. Abominations. And as I layed there on a nearby hill I slowly lost myself to some consuming rage towards them. The source of it is unknown. Lillith tells me it was always in me, the origin is certain. Perhaps is connected to my great shame when I let Anna lost.

A night later I suddenly came to my sense, Lillith by my side. We were standing deep inside a cave, myself covered in blood, holding severed tails in my hand. I barely had strength to hold my scimitar. All around the pack I stalked, the eyes familiar and now empty. I knew the scent of each of them, and now only the stench of death lingered. The beast within overtook me, and when I realized it was too late. Some faint memories of Her ushering foreign words, reflections of the Mirror,  before the carnage started.

Whad did you do to me?

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:35:18 PM by Winter83 »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 07:25:45 AM »
Fragments of the past:
                                    Crimson and white

December of 749.

My 17th winter. Manor woods. The first cold winds arrived, and fresh snow covered the lands, laying heavily on the branches of trees, like a thick winter mantle. I remember clearly now after so many years. I was outside gathering logs and twigs, wood for the fireplace.  By the crossroads I met Anna Carpenter from Glenvich, a girl of thirteen winters old. She visited her uncle in Waterford and now was heading home for the holidays.

The fragments of the memory intruding my mind.

Shortcut...
....throught the forest.
I suggested.
Logs of firewood left in the snow. A giggle carried by the wind...
..hands held. Joy.
The guardian trees on the edge. Snow covered willow.
Whispering branches....
...hoarfrost, magical...icicle crystals...
..the dimming light...the first howls in the distance...
Pounding of the heart...
...twigs cracking.
Flash of the fangs. Vapor...
...the first scream. The cracking of the bone...
...standing paralyzed. Helplessness. The paint of the blood on the white...
Crimson and white.
...then the lies. The tears. Fading hope. Wailing of the mother.
The giggle died out. Left only in my head. Echoing... for the coming years. Remorse.

I buried it deep. Too deep. And when I close my eyes, it's still there....

[1]

1. Picture by : Blaz Porenta: Little red riding hood http://www.blazporenta.com/?page_id=7
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:29:57 AM by Winter83 »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 06:34:29 PM »
A breath of fresh air

Trotting along with the caravans, took me several weeks just to reach my sweet homeland. A glint of hope that the salty air might wash away the stench of nightmares from my mind. So it did. Home sweet home, the best cure for any illness, for the longing of the heart.

Worked so hard to stitch the scars on my mind. To suppress memories, let them fade, let the mist take them. Burned all my notes. The hunger ceased. And for a few month I at least felt like an everyday person again.

But sweetest it might be, spent too much too time in Barovia to feel like a foreigner. Restless and alien. Once I reach a dream I realize it was not this dream I was after. Soothed my soul nevertheless yet after a few month I was on the road again. Back. To Barovia.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2012, 06:01:55 AM »
The Beast the rain and cold winds

Moved to Kroftburg temporarily. The cold winds and rain is constant up here, the land is harsh, so as the people. How many nights I spent up here on my caravan routine. And here I am again. Prowling the mountainside, aiding the local community. And trying to find the Beast with the gold ear ring.

Fate guided me this way, to face a creature of marvel and dread. A non ordinary one. I wished to have a chance hunting a great Beast, following the trails. A creature that puzzles me. Half a man half a wolf. Wonder how much of his humanity is retained. If the bloodlust took over him already. These creature were always in the center of my interest. The perfect combination of man and animal. Supreme in a way. Hunting the hunter.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2012, 05:41:18 AM »
Mercy or hope

Friends are hard to come by and one values such assets in high regard. The pain seeing one fall is indescribable.

I visited Kiron in one of the Hospices of Dementlieu when I learned of his fate. The sister said it's poison holding him in that comatose state.
He should have given up his search, his investigation. But vengeance drove him. Something I am familiar with also. Yet he continued to track those who follow the snake and he paid a dire price. In ever other case I'd have asked for a merciful death for the victim. Such is no life, a soul caged in a lifeless vessel of the body. But know I am torn. Perhaps it would be the best, yet I could not ask for this mercy for him. There is still hope.

I promise....whomever made this will pay dearly. Will have them taste their own poison and will forget to give the mercy.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »
Snow on dead leaves

The first snow came early this year. Flakes of crystals, shaped by unseen artists.
And only some watches the nature struggle, the freezing blades of the foxtail,
the battle for survival and even though every plant realizes they are condemned, they fight nevertheless.
And the men walk past without a brief glance at this to contemplate what nature may teach us.
Ignorance.

The men bend their back into the yoke, feeding lords they know only by name,
fattening tyrants with sweat and their own flesh.
They wither, and grow thin. A great many will not see the spring.
Shackles.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 07:43:59 AM »
Tenets of Nature

Based upon my observations, walking the land with open eyes the following laws seems to

The major rules

I.   The Life in the Cycle: survival above all. Cheating death justifies your right to live.
II. The Death in the Cycle: Face it but don't seek it. When the time comes, make room for others.
III. The Balance:  Where force is applied a counter force appears. In the absence of a life form or power another one arises. Everything in life seeks balance.

The minor rules derived from the above.

IV. The Crowd: Creates darkness and weakens the whole. Weed out the tainted, the gnarled, the lame and the seedless. Make room for growth.
V.  Gather not more than you need. The fat and overburdened are the prey. Hoarding is unnatural.
VI. Live and let live. Over breeding chokes the life around, and creates the Crowd, offsetting the Balance. Cruelty for the sake of cruelty is unnatural. Domination for the sake of domination is unnatural. Variety is natural. The strive for Freedom is natural.

VII. Imperfection is the essence of Life.Purity is good, impurity is better. Breed not within the bloodline, do not seek perfection.  Breaking the law creates the Abomination
VIII. Change is the essence of life. Only the unliving is motionless.

I shall continue the observations and ammend these tenets. There's much room for correction here.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2012, 04:27:26 AM »
Between the lines

I read through the the Doctor's writing on werebeasts over and over again,
along with the small leather bound book containing some of his own, very personal notes.
The fascination we both shared it seems. Between the lines he described several cases that confused him.
The very nature of evil is an illusion a matter of perspective and he was very well aware of this. He admired the Beasts!

Just some lines I copied into my journal from the Exerpts of Van Richten.

These lines are recorded from a conversation with a Werewolf:

We are not monsters," the werewolf told me in its rough voice.
With a furry gray forefinger it scratched absently at the sideof its snout while it spoke.
The beast's long black lip curled under the claw as it scratched, exposing a row of yellowed canine teeth.
"We are not monsters," it repeated, calmly emphasizing the point. "We are like you, like the birds and the deer and, yes, likethe wolves.
We are all the creations of the gods. We all do that which is in our natures to do,
following the natural imperatives incorporated into every fiber of our beings.
None has any choice in the matter; but we werecreatures are reallyquite content with the reality of the situation, unlike most humans.
"We are no different, me and my kind, from any other predators. It is merely human arrogance that labels us with the term"monster."
Since we have the temerity to feed upon the self-styled kings of creation, we are hated and feared."The creature chuckled quietly.

"If deer had the power of speech," it mused, "I wonder what horrible tales they would tell othat monster humanity...

Or here's another line the Doctor found important to record, dialogue with another werebeast

"You call us the beast," the lycanthrope said, stroking its handsome human face.
"You say we are dark, twisted reflections of ou. Is that not so?" I had to nod in agreement.
"Yet we see things differently," the creature continued, musingly. "We see ourselves as the next logical progression, the next step above humans.
Tell me, " it said, leaning forward, "you have the beast, the rage within your soul, do you not?"
 It waited not for my answer. "Of course you do," it stated.
"'Overpowering rage, ' is that not a common human phrase? That describes when the beast within you is beyond your control.
"Such is not the case with me. I am the beast, the beast is me. Arid thus it is always my will, not an inadequately leashed beast, that is in control. "

These lines are from the journal of a Werebeast, Van Richten somehow acquire and inserted it into his own writing:

The blood of me parents runs through my veins... with all that this kinship implies.
Is this blood that we share cursed,tainted? Or is it blessed, somehow sanctified by a power greater than that of humanity?
My father would have me believethe latter - that our kinship marks us as far above the bustling hordes of humanity as they are above the cattle they slaughter  for food.
Yet in these latter days, I have trouble believing that. I hear their screams as fall upon them and I have to believe they are not so unlike us.
We, too, are kin in some sense - humanity, and that which my blood tells me I am. They consider my kind monsters, and sometimes I wonder whether they are right.
But when I feel the fierce elation of the metamorphosis come upon me, then how can I not consider myself blessed, as one small step below the gods.

What's the intention of the Doctor hiding these very strange quotes between his lines? Marks on the edge of the paper, excerpts from his own musings.
He admired them. But he himself could not overcome the zealous hatred in his heart that drove him towards rooting out evil.
He -unlike the Beasts- could not control his own thirst for vengance, strive for blood. And this he realized himself!
It confuses me.

These is his own confession:

"As I draw to the close of this treatise, I must admit that studying the lycanthrope has been most disturbing,
For all my condemnation of these monsters, I must pause a moment and reflect upon the reality of the beast within me.
The werebeast kills because killing is what it instinctively does.
It has no agenda, no point to prove, no hatred to vent. On the other side,
I have no need to kill at all, instinctively or otherwise, yet I have pursued that objective with righteous tenacity.
We are both predators, yet who is the more monstrous?"

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 03:20:49 PM »
The clown

Is a relief that people usually underestimate me, overlook me, brush me to the side. In the eyes of many I am merely a loner, a superstitious wanderer, a yokel. The captain taught me that only the fool have no enemies. And the best defense is just to play stupid. All the people I know, those around me have dangerous weaknesses, exploitable, a potential risk for the guild.

The one calling herself Lady Jade seems to believe she's the center of the universe.
She enjoys basking in glory celebrating herself. Such arrogance is often the nest of unwise actions.
No doubt she has talents, but does she have the willpower to restrain herself?

Ricard. Good old Ricard. A knight tangled up in his own strict code of morality.
An inflexible wood that will break rather than bend. I worry about him.

Clydessa. She believe the world is a sunny place and everyone deserves a hug.
Such naivety. Wonder when she will share confidential information with possible enemies.
She might have already done. I admit, this attribute of hers makes her an excellent information gatherer. But at what cost?

Inari. A creature of pure hatred and vengeance without a seed of forgiveness.
This is a powerful drive, but will be her own undoing.

Erynne, sweet Erynne. She is fleeing form herself. Preaching about independence and yet in the company of others she takes the initiative, acting as the leader.
She has an inborn ability to lead, no denial in that, sometimes though I feel she wages wars of dominance for the sake of waging wars.

Yulia. She was always the greatest risk. Twisting and shaping words like clay, juggling with emotions and using her own beauty as a tool and weapon. What's her angle I wonder.

The others I need to observe more closely.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2012, 11:09:55 AM »
Harnessing rage

Cote Poisson was at the lodge today. A man with such great talents and influence....I was honored to see him with us even if it was only for a brief time. I respect that man greatly. Respect...a thing some people believe is gained by right. Respect is gained through deeds. Not through sugarcoated words some expect me to offer. They call me rude for not following etiquette. Words have little meaning in the wilds. Only intentions have. And many fail to see behind the honeyed curtain of words.

One is judged by one's action. Not words. Cote Poisson earned the respect. He is a man of great deeds worthy for the future to remember him.

Sometimes I feel the guild is becoming a social club, and they expect me to honor the new unwritten rules of social pleasantries. I don't give a copper what they think of me. Sad but I do not trust half the people whom I supposed to call brother and sisters. How ironic. Only a handful of them proved themselves so far and have the wits along not to do idiotic things. Strange but there's that elf, Aduil. As much as I dislike their kin this elf's behavior is something I am fond of. Calm and mature. And distrustful.

[on the bottom of the paper a few more lines scribbled]

It happened again, when we explored that well known werebeast den near the lake. My mind became clouded and only sought a way to have their blood on my sword. Even a crave to lick it off my scimitar, to taste the blood of the Beast, how sweet it is. Hunting the hunters, harnessing the rage. But it can be overwhelming.

At the end I felt like I haven't slept for days, exhausted I could barely hold my weapons.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »
Magic in the hollow

I was told that all can master the mysterious weave.. the unseen river of pure energy wrapping around the living and unliving alike. This is part of the nature, and yet it was unknown to me. When I first discovered my affinity to manipulate natural forces in a small scale I was terrified. It was all accidental, I always tried to convience myself that it was due to the herbal reagents that offered me unexplainable traits, like seeing in pitch black darkness. Seems I was mistaken, I merely focused on those herbal ointments so much that I unintendedly managed to dam the weave and channel it into something different. In the past I happened to make small gusts of winds -always amused me how the leaves dance in the little tornados -, and a few times I witnessed roots and tendrils crushing through the soil coiling around the legs of my pursuers. Now I am aware that these are not merely just natural phenomenas but in fact connected to my abrupt manipulation of the weave. 

The key is focus. But alas... I would be branded a witch now, even thought this weave -how Eliza called it- is a very real and potent natural force.

Frightening.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2012, 08:00:56 PM »
Mourning and howling in the hollow

She's dead. At the age of fourteen. Poison and cold. Mashira is no longer. Rest in peace my friend. I will bring you to your birthplace. Up to the Ghakis.

Not long after my faithful falcon's spirit left this world a new and strange creature arrived.
Dirty, hungry in a bad shape. Grey fur with a white streak running from the top of it's head through the spine to his tail.
A wolf. A young wolf. Collapsed in front of my feet when I was in the woods.
I carried him, fed him and named him. He follows now everywhere.
This is the wolf from my dreams. The white one...I know and even though he's not white...the eyes betray him.

I named him Wynter. An old name from my country, means the 'son of the Winter'.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »
Fire in the hollow

A spark in the darkness, the warmth of the hearth, the devourer and purger of good and evil. Without it we are nothing. The essence of Rage and Passion. Are we able to feed this fire to be the guiding light or will it consume us? What path lays ahead of the Kinship I wonder. The vistani believe that starting the fire has an important place and role. They hold it as a ritual, the Firestarter watches over the first blinks of the borning flames, nursing it to grow stronger and to become the center of their camp.

There's fire in the Hollow, I know that. Among many things. Passion burried under the cover of snow.

And rage...one I am familiar with. Burning and devouring everything in it's path. When close to those that are not of this world, close to the unliving. When close to those who embrace the Beast.

Love and hate. So similar, both of the fire.

My soul screams...

Screaming feed me here
Fill me up again
Temporarily pacify this hungering
So grow
Libido throw
Dominoes of indiscretions down
Falling all around
In cycles
In circles
Constantly consuming
Conquer and devour

Cause it's time to bring the fire down
Bridle all this indiscretion
Long enough to edify
And permanently fill this hollow

Screaming feed me here
Fill me up again
Temporarily pacifying

Feed me here
Fill me up again
Temporarily pacifying

[1]
 1. Lyrics from the Perfect Circle : The Hollow ;  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:00:49 PM by Winter83 »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 02:43:56 PM »
Serenity

Spring fell upon the world and life started to claim the frozen woodlands again.
Here I sit in the Blood o' the Vine, sipping my whiskey and finally there's some peace away from the bustling grey city, form the bickering of the Wayfarers.
I am here on purpose, still the days seems to be much longer.
A walk by the Ivlis in the morrows, inhaling the odour of blooming flowers, night watch by the barns, listening to the clatter of the nocturals.  

Wynter is with me, and he seems to enjoy his new home.
Will be a difficult task to get him used to the wilderness again.
The womb that cast him out just last winter. He grow. And getting stronger and larger by the day.
He shows an unusual intelligence for a timber wolf.

And while I lay back keeping my eyes on my Prey,
      ... childrens being abducted in Dementlieu,
            ...vampire covens feed on their cattle,
                ...plotting in the shadows,
                   ...sons murdering fathers.

To hell with the world.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:41:50 PM by Winter83 »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 02:00:18 PM »
Tears and curses

The day finally arrived when I stood face to face with my Prey I hunted for long.
My mind was clouded, concentrating on the clues, tracks and leads for so long.
The thrill of the hunt is overwhelming.

And I looked into the eyes of the outcast vistana. The were-wolf vistana. My blade is at his throat.
In his eyes I saw the same wolf that killed the little girl back at home, even though he was a different one.

He talked about the Gift. The most glorious predator of nature, embracing the Gift. He feared none. He feared me neither.

I slit his throat without a second thought. The hunter claims the prize.
A drop of tear from my eyes. But not of the sadness. But of something different.

I remember his last whispered words.
Moon and starts...
  Fang and tooth...

[The last lines are scratched out]

[1]
http://aaronsimscompany.deviantart.com/
 1. Image by: aaronsimscompany
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:05:23 PM by Winter83 »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2012, 03:29:41 AM »
The thrill of the hunt

I've been roaming the wilderness for years now. Catching a hare or outwitting a fox does not provide the satisfaction it used to. Such things became to shallow, too easy.
I remember my first time when I was sent after to catch poachers in the the Manor woods.
Finding them, observing them. Making the calculations, planning the ambush, the traps, and even more planning. My mind was focused as never before.

I felt the same when I was after the Devil's wolf. No ravaging were-beast gave satisfaction equal to theone, when I was to face another hunter. A prime predator. A cunning one.
Finding the weakness, revealing the history behind. That's the hunt I crave for.
Not going after some monster long lost his sanity jumping right on the blade, neither those desperate petty thieves hiding in the woods.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2012, 02:11:23 PM »
The Marionette

[The lines are written by a shakey hand]

I am used, am I now? Will be betrayed by a friend. For his own purposes. Never to trust. Sleep with a knife under the pillow.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:30:24 PM by Winter83 »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 08:42:42 PM »
Unquenchable hunger

In the last few weeks found myself drinking again more than usually. Ever since the Devil's wolf was killed and left me with no worthy prey to tail I had been feeling useless, empty, and drifting in thoughts. Sudden flashes of memories.

Crouching in the grass, observing the area.
Heart pumping at a fast pace.
The cold sweating of my palms.
The aim of the bow.
Listening to every little noise of the night.
Seeing my prey in every shadow.
The bloodshot eyes.
The torn up cattle.

All this gone. Only the hollow remained after the great hunt. A growing hunger.

And perhaps there's something now. I picked up a trail. Scent of the blood.

There have to be something.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:46:31 PM by Winter83 »

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 06:22:13 PM »
Blood and shadows

In the sewers. In the alleyways. I roam now. I hunt again. Murders in Vallaki. Numerous deaths.

One victim skinned, and organs removed. Severed fingers, broken hands. Fine cuts along the body, around the vital organs. Made by a sharp tool.
Two children drowned in the lake. Accident? Perhaps.
Two families butchered. Boy slammed at the wall, spine and skull broken. His mother chopped up with an axe.

I feel life again in my veins. When I stalk. When I follow the trail. Sweet hunger.

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2012, 05:35:08 AM »
A warning sign

Someone's watching me. It was close that the letter delivered by an arrow did not hit me.
You are playing this game? Will make things more exciting. Hunting the hunter. Will see who's hunting whom.

[the letter pierced by an arrow attached to the journal entry]

For a strange reason I feel safer at Tigan's rest than in any other tavern. Here at least I expect everyone to try to stab me in the back. Straightforward. Elsewhere? Hard to see the blade coated with honeyed words.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:47:39 AM by Winter83 »