Author Topic: Perform Skill  (Read 6198 times)

granny

• Outlander
  • If yeh're good to Mamere, Mamere is good to yeh!
Re: Perform Skill
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 09:11:51 AM »
Wouldclerics have perform as well? My only thought being that music seems to be something many clerics and faiths would be down with. Choirs, hymns, Gregorian chanting. Is the Mora domain dependent power on your perform skill?

Most Souragnien would get dancing bones as a feat and I believe that the best Voodans would know how to perform the Dance of the Dead.

Feat Dancing Bones - Born in Souragne
Prerequisites: Able to cast spells, Perform 5 ranks (dancing or singing), Cha13+
Effects: Cast spell through performance (singing or dancing)
"We all are (monsters), pretty dancer. Deep down inside all of us, there's a monster. Some spend their lives trying to fight it. They fail. Some coexist unhappily with their beast. They are miserable (...) you and I celebrate it" Anton Misroi

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 07:55:16 PM »
Still don't change the fact that bards rock. Har har, geddit? Or the insanely fun bonuses bard song grants via the skill. Still curious about the changes around shadow dancers already existing.

It shouldn't affect them, but if it does, it'll likely cause some bug and we'll just relevel them to let them take 5 ranks in perform (which would be a class skill for rogues). If it doesn't cause any bugs, we won't ask you to relevel.

As for the rest of the content, we're still ironing things out. Personally, I've added a bunch of new cleric domains that will be available in the OOC New Characters area. Here's the list of domains I'm adding:

General:
Chaos
Law
Luck
Darkness
Time
Dream

Ravenloft-specific:
Mist
Undeath
Bindings
Repose
Mora
Salvation
Scrutiny
Slaughter

This is cool; when would this be implented btw EO?

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 10:27:16 PM »
We're aiming to update the haks within the next month or so, but I don't want to give a hard date yet as it may take longer than that.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 10:31:27 PM »
We're aiming to update the haks within the next month or so, but I don't want to give a hard date yet as it may take longer than that.

Awesome blue, thanks :) I assume that clerics and others would be able to get a relevel to use these new stuff?

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 10:40:12 PM »

Awesome blue, thanks :) I assume that clerics and others would be able to get a relevel to use these new stuff?

Likely won't be needed due to NwNx. We can change domains without relevels now.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 10:50:11 PM »

Likely won't be needed due to NwNx. We can change domains without relevels now.

That is even cooler :D you guys are awesome :D

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 03:15:53 AM »
Can you do that with skill points? If not, I hope lenience will be given with retaking a level so points can be put into perform! This is a wonderful change. :D

Dusk

• Finder of Lost Children
  • Dark Power
  • Enjoys Port-a-Lucine
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 05:54:22 AM »
 :_clap__by_Xrodias:

granny

• Outlander
  • If yeh're good to Mamere, Mamere is good to yeh!
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 08:21:56 AM »
Can you do that with skill points? If not, I hope lenience will be given with retaking a level so points can be put into perform! This is a wonderful change. :D

+1

My PC will most probably need it!
"We all are (monsters), pretty dancer. Deep down inside all of us, there's a monster. Some spend their lives trying to fight it. They fail. Some coexist unhappily with their beast. They are miserable (...) you and I celebrate it" Anton Misroi

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »
Now I wanna know what all the domains give D:
: )

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 01:04:24 PM »
Yeah, we've already altered some skills as it is (we combined bluff and diplomacy into influence and combined taunt and intimidate into antagonize).

Also, not to tease too much, but we'll also be adding more content as well (creatures, weapons, placeables, tilesets). :D

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Kendaric

• Undead Master
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 08:52:35 PM »
Yeah, we've already altered some skills as it is (we combined bluff and diplomacy into influence and combined taunt and intimidate into antagonize).

Also, not to tease too much, but we'll also be adding more content as well (creatures, weapons, placeables, tilesets). :D

Stop teasing us, Blue ... give it to us already ;) (seriously though, take your time and make sure stuff works. As much as I want my Mists domain, I'm sure I can wait a little longer).

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 09:27:28 PM »

This sounds completely exciting, I can hardly wait! :O :O :O

Crimson Shuriken

• Happy Shoulders
  • Dark Power
  • Flying through the air with deadly intent!
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 10:31:58 PM »
OMG, my cleric will have a choice of Chaos and Darkness domains, how can I choose just two. This is great news, I had honestly given up the idea of pushing more domains a while back, you guys are too awesome really.

I'm so casual, my shoes look like feet.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 10:45:19 PM »
I still wanna know what the new Domains entail. I wanna make a cleric soon but now I'm like, "Maybe I should wait..."
: )