Author Topic: Changes to the ML Church  (Read 4915 times)

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
Re: Changes to the ML Church
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 07:22:39 PM »
How's that? The slums church is one map, and one minute of travel eastward.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 07:26:19 PM »
How's that? The slums church is one map, and one minute of travel eastward.

Well, newbies can't go up against wererats (common at night), and it's probably longer than one minute if you're having to carry your buddy's corpse after a failed raid into the crypts...
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

WildPirate13

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »
Liz has also been a long standing NPC one of the few that helps outlanders. Removing liz removes "knuckle bone" healing potions from the area as well. The temple without Liz.. well its just not the same temple.

I would like to see the ML faction be more active. We have enough back stabbing two faced evils with their own agendas as is. There is a horror atmosphere not a hopeless atmosphere I would hope. Anything that takes away the resources new players or new characters can draw from is not something I like.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:34:02 PM by WildPirate13 »

ethinos

• Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 10:45:43 PM »
Liz has also been a long standing NPC one of the few that helps outlanders. Removing liz removes "knuckle bone" healing potions from the area as well. The temple without Liz.. well its just not the same temple.

Anything that takes away the resources new players or new characters can draw from is not something I like.

You forgot about ol' Zachy? :lol: There's no reason to think that the slums priest wouldn't help outlanders, or offer the knucklebone elixirs. And yeah, I know it wouldn't be the same temple, and I find it intriguing. Plus, Liz is one of the biggest draws to the Outskirts and I'm curious if the Outskirts would continue to be as populous as it is now, if she left.

As for your final statement, I feel like outlanders are overly-sheltered and overly-coddled in the Outskirts, and that's partly what leads to the strange un-Ravenloft-ish, outlander circus behavior that we see occur there, so often.

WildPirate13

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 10:49:42 PM »
Issue with ole'zachey is this.. its within the Vallaki city itself. I was allowed to be in the outskirts but not within Vallaki. I know others in the same boat. I would prefer more things given to new players not taken away. Good points though.. *grumbles* like most of your posts  :D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:30:54 PM by WildPirate13 »

ethinos

• Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 10:57:27 PM »
Zachy was my nickname for the priest of the Outskirts church before Liz. I forgot his proper name.

WildPirate13

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 11:31:42 PM »
Blonde moment.. I have a few. I confused Zach with the priest at the temple in the slums. Shows how often I pop in.
 :oops:

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 01:49:52 AM »
Zacharias?

Nox

• Dark Lord
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »
With the recent boom in RP taking place in the ML Slums temple, I'd love to see a room with a desk or a table and chairs upstairs for people to sit and have private talks.  There's a chair in one of the bedrooms but you can't sit in it; just an idle request really but it'd be nice since it sort of serves as a faction HQ for those Morninglordians out there.
Characters:

Prospo Ivernu
Nicolea Bratu