You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Lesser Catacombs - Barovia Village  (Read 1135 times)

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
Lesser Catacombs - Barovia Village
« on: July 23, 2011, 04:52:14 PM »
A friend and I just mauled through this place on a high spawn a little bit ago. We didn't even clear out the entire place and fought nearly a hundred Wererat Lords and about  two dozen Blasphemes.

On roughly half of the loots drops, there were Strong level traps of every kind as well as the auto-resetting fireball traps that are scattered about the place.

After nearly an hour of constant combat, we finally managed to get to the end of the place and loot the chest at the very center (the one you need both hidden keys to get).

Now, My friend had to log so this'll probably be the first he hears of it, but honestly? The loot in there, for lack of a better term, sucked for how long and difficult and dangerous the place is. For all of our troubles, the final loot box had a Belt of Moral Fortitude, a Lightshell amulet and roughly 200 gold.

I've been through this dungeon a few times in the past and the only thing worth noting we ever found was 20 Ice Arrows and Red Vos Trunks (or whatever they're called, the ones with Circle Kick).

Personally, I see this as slightly off balance for what you have to go through in this place. Is there any possibility the loot can be bumped up a bit?
I am but a blade, A simple tool of destruction.

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
Re: Lesser Catacombs - Barovia Village
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 07:37:50 PM »
Ah, the Wererat Lord dungeon, or as I know it to be.. the dungeon in which you're better not touching any chests and saving your potions- They're worth more than anything you'll find in there.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Lesser Catacombs - Barovia Village
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 10:53:39 PM »
I'll re-balance it

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002