Author Topic: Personal notes and references: Barovian journey  (Read 3627 times)

Budly

• Dark Power
Personal notes and references: Barovian journey
« on: July 17, 2011, 07:18:37 PM »
Day 1: I arrive with heavy steps to Barovia...leaving my current life behind. The Vistani is odd company but I must stay in this small camp of theres before I move on...It is night, I dare not travel by night in Barovia. Oh I look forward to arriving at Blue Water, I rememeber the long and tedious, lone and harsh road.

Budly

• Dark Power
Re: Personal notes and references: Barovian journey
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 03:38:55 PM »
Day 2: The sun should be at it's peak, I begin then my journey to my destination. It is a long and old road. The cloudly sky do not really tell me if it's midday or not but I believe it should be. I am happy to leave the Vistani behind. I should head to Vallaki now and not waste more time, I probably need to find a good place to camp in the middle of the night cause this is not a one day trip

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 03:44:30 PM »
Day 2: Entry 2: I just saw an enormous man doing something with deers....a couple layed dead around. Mayhaps he was just a hunter but I did not stay around to know what he was as he cooked them? Mayhaps im paranoid but Barovia is much more wild then Port a Luciné!

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 03:54:56 PM »
Day 2: Entry 3: I got to Midway, I think I remember this place. I shall stay here for the evening and rest. I heard something large sneeze and when I went to see what it was, a god damn ogre, giant thing stood there. I shot an arrow but then ran as it was like shoting needles upon a half-orc. Least I am safe for now in this tavern.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 04:03:26 PM »
Day 2: Entry 4: Very civil place but it was by mere luck or destiny that I walked down the harbour here and found a boat heading off towards Vallaki before  dark! And I thought the lake would be frozen by now. I am lucky right now it seems! Barovia is strange.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
Day 3: It is more or less day three, I have arrived at Blue Water! Much earlier then expected thanks to the boat but it also broke my thin economy. I need to make some coin. I presume I can make some...but that means bringing out the old rapier. Either that or awaiting for the Crow. The Crow maybe can sponsor me with some coin? I must say this is a odd place to see in a barbaric nation full of dangers and oddities. Mayhaps I shall enjoy it a bit atleast? I have my gifts and momentums or how to put it, from Port a Luciné with me
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:17:50 PM by Budly »

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 05:26:40 PM »
Day 3: Entry 2: I believe it is still day three of my trip, late evening of day three and I met interesting people at the Blue Water, Monsiuer Flynn and madameiselle, I can not yet spell these high Mordentish words...and madame Vorius. I befriended them with ease and they enjoyed my elven wine I took with me. Also met a Barovian noblewoman. I believe that I did not really get her name but she was certianly special! Like most things seem to be in this nation. But I am sure I can get to know her better soon enough. For now, I shall rest and then by morning take a travel down the road in Vallaki and out towards the outskirts with the Morninglordian temple. It been very very very long since I last been here. I wonder what odd and strange people I will see there

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 06:39:49 PM »
Day 4: Night time right now....I am stuck in the Lady's rest. I think there is homeless people living here. Good....perhaps I guess. A bit annoying to sit here. I again somehow agitated one of Serafims friends, not with intention. I really do try to befriend them. I do! Non the less, I feel this will be a interesting journey. I am sure. This land is indeed strange. I will hang this painting in my room until I get back home...Nightlyre can paint the little midget.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 06:53:56 PM »
Day 4: Entry 2: Note to self, Do not joke about things you do not know well enough. Especially not about jokes about punching people that you might know. Should keep out of this old inn and stay at Blue Water. These people are also so easily to offend it seem among Serafims friends

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 04:40:06 PM »
Day 6: I awake in the Bluewater, it been a few calm days spent here. I was awaiting some sign from the crow. I am sure it will come. Blue Water is a wonderful inn, Barovian guards in here! Both good and bad I presume. I must say the view over the lake is stunning. Time to get some of this Barovian cousine...

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 04:33:31 PM »
Day 7: This is...tedious. Becoming boring. Nothing happens here, I mean I will not step out by night but the whole place seem bit struck by paranoia and the natives are not so social as those of Port a Lucine I believe. Then it also is a minor town in the nation of Barovia. I wonder where the Crow is although. I wait and wait. I presume I should continue to speak to the few people I befriended here and continue to oversee the situation and perhaps even meet with some proper Barovian nobles and society people. One thing is for sure, I must soon find a economical source if the Crow do not show itself. My coffers are running thin and I do not intend on selling monsiour Nightlyres painting or any of my dresses.

Mayhaps im forced to bring out the rapier again? Seemingly all these uncivilised people stay in this nation cause it seems to be over filled with treasures and old crypts, castles and ruins and what not where a few dragons seemingly died carrying their hordes. Cause the nation at first hand looks poor but some of those "filthy outlanders" sure do not look poor in their armors and blades and so on.

My Barovian exodus....oh lets not be dramatic! My Barovian journey continues. Time to eat some Barovian cousine....early morning.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
Day 7: Entry 2: It seems half the town is standing about the western outskirt. What are all of these people doing out there? Between this temple and the inn. Strange...The city in itself seem rather calm but here it seem to be where all the action is. Damn snow aswell.

Had my last croissant...it was old and a bit hard to eat since of it ending up like a stone. But I love them dearly. I also written two letters to my dear...friends back home.
I do not although see what I am to find here right now. It seem to be a remote town in a land with severe problems.

And some people thought the Sword Coast was rough. Bandits? Hah! Here it is a werewolf carrying a dead adventurers bastard sword more plausible then seeing a bandit. You cannot bandit very well if the nightlife is this hidious. Although...the nights are calm compared to Port a Lucine with those thugs. Ironically it seem to keep criminality down when beasts walk the streets in both slum and finer quarters. Irony indeed. Could maybe borrow a few back home to Port a Lucine and release them in the slums to kill of those bastard born pigs! 

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 04:52:49 PM »
Minor note: The Morninglord Temple is a ruin more or less....may be possible to gain their gratitude by sponsoring some repairs?

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 05:08:43 PM »
Day 7: Entry 3: I took a walk inside the temple. As I came out it was pitch black and to my suprise not a single person was outside. Strangely, I would expect this horde of people to stay out by night, believing their numbers could stop any prowling night creatures from killing them. But it might also be the long dark and long Barovian winter, it is damningly cold. 

Yet again I find myself in this ruckus dump of a inn. Lady's rest. No guards except for that big man with the hammer and I do not really think he will be able to hold of more then a few opponents should they decide to surround and attack this inn. Nor seemingly do the Vallaki townsguard care to protect this building nor the Morninglord temple. I barricade my room and hope no werekin decide to find warmth inside the inn where  they also end up finding warm bodies to rip open and eat from. Last entry of Day 7...

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 07:39:40 PM »
Day 8: I am back in the Blue Water, badly need of coin but I will outlast it too. I will soon seek out the Crow myself...I presume I shall look into the "finer" places of Vallaki and surrounding where the friendly and well mannered part of this fine society lives

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 12:39:45 PM »
Day 9: Today I went out, to see the surrounding. The snow is thick but yet the mink prowl the surface and do not hide in their holes. Good for me they didn't. The sun although fell. Considering it is this cold I expected no monters of the night stray about but they did...I ran! As fast as I could as it saw me. Luckily it started to hunt someone else beside me as I ran for the town. I thought...there is no garda wanting to help me so I jumped down the well...I do not know if I can go up yet.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 12:52:53 PM »
Day 9: Entry 2: I manage to get out of the sewers...which I seem to end up in and ran around and up to the gate, only to see two halflings fighting...and two humans looking over the fight. One of them runs of, the other walks into an alley...or so I thought. Then he was gone. To later show up outside the gate. Almost killing of the one he already wounded but he got away again. I did not stay there for long, the damn werewolfs was close I am sure. I presume I have to camp up in this ruin of a temple for the night! Some croissants would been nice! 

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 04:23:11 AM »
Day 9: This town is utter boredom. Nothing happens, cept for all the killing and this morning I saw some yellow gas like...foggy cloud that hurt the throut and smelled foul. I have no idea what happended in this land but it must be cursed in some kind of way. But of course, the bastards still can take a good amount of payment out here. I although continue what I been told to do here and I shall await the crow or find her myself. I dont know which comes first

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 04:04:24 PM »
Day 10: Early morning: I think I will have a stroll up that mountain I see from Vallaki. It is early morning and I cannot sleep. I am restless, the Bluewater seems so vacant and dead. Not many guests here right now. I presume it's winter time keeping the amount down. But we are heading towards spring...or alteast I think so. It should hopefully bring more people into town then now. No boat either so I cannot head off to Midway by boat and the road seem rather dangerous. It seem the beasts are more eager to attack in winter since of the lack of food? I wonder where those I befriended has gone...I must say I miss their company!   

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »
Day 10: Entry 2: My plans changed a bit. I entered the warehouse district. As I did consider wandering up the mountain I wondered if there was any settlement up there. I found someone who had a few boxes he needed sent up to something named Krofburg. I shall head there and deliver these by morning tomorrow I think. I hope I can hire a mule although. It will be to much to carry on my own. Mining equipment he said...but it is worth five hundred gold.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 06:46:13 PM »
Day 11: Early morning: Here I am....the sun is not even up yet but it seems someone cleaned out the usual horde of rats that claim the streets. I left for the south, taking the southern gate. I did although go west at first, until I noticed I took the wrong way. Only thing I see now are some bee hives and then its wilderness until I get to this Krofburg I presume. A few minks struts about as I sit here on the rock with only a slow ox for company. I look forward to see this Krofburg, what that might be for settlement

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »
Day 13: Early morning: The damn oxe kicked me while I walked past its backside, then ran off. Least that is how I remember it. I lay in bed now, it hit badly but I survived. Hah! Non the less I had some nasty nightmares. Dark, greenlike water that was glowing....in it was these brown, shelled creatures with tentacles. Like those squids one  can se flush up upon beaches now and then or the other transparent beasts in the sea. Hard to explain...I although stood on the other side of a window, a large glass window with a rusty floor covered by a odd vegetation. It is...hard to explain in writing but it was most odd. The water was haunting and I saw no end to it, I looked down, I looked up...the bottom seemed endless and I only saw the dark pits of the abyss as I starred down upon from my prison.

Something was moving in the dimly lit room, only the slight glowing water was a light source. It looked like those things outside, yet not. Cause I could not see it. Where do I get these dreams from?

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 06:11:25 PM »
Day 13: Entry 2: I went outside, ran down the forest which is close to Vallaki, shoting minks for the Vistani...not a fun job but it gives some coin. But seemingly boars are the defender of minks since three of attacked me and as they had run me out of air and I presume they where going to eat me out of no where jumps a man. Slaying one so that they run

Mister Amaril. A good man it seems. I offered him a bottle of wine as reward but he declined. Good to hear there is some good people about who do care even in the wilderness here. Aside from it I now sit badly bruised again in the Morninglord temple! Animals seem to hate me. Least my shoulder do not hurt any longer

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 04:53:09 AM »
Day 14: Sold a bottle of Dementliue wine to two halflings. Raphael and Isabella Shrewtamer. But they look for Borcan wine, will contact contacts...in Porta Luciné to see if I can fetch them Borcan wine

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 07:40:15 PM »
Day 15: I walk out into the heavy rain, what I see before me is a dead ox. Strange land....