You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Lysaga  (Read 1664 times)

Miuo

Lysaga
« on: June 03, 2011, 12:18:16 PM »
Could we improve the drops on Lysaga Witch/Warlocks, specially so on the Supreme Lysaga Warlock/Witches. They seem to powerful to be dropping such petty loot like the following, the normal and supreme Lysaga seem to have the same loot as well. Even though their CR's are 10 and 14.

Supreme Lysaga Warlock Drop:
1 potion of courage
1 thick fur armor
1 scroll of grease

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
Re: Lysaga
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »
Do the Lysagan witches/warlocks have a loot container? I haven't been out that way in forever, but a lot of creatures don't have much by way of personal loot. The good stuff is usually in a chest or something similar.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Badelaire

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 12:45:38 PM »
There is a loot container there, yes, but the Hill itself is not a dungeon to warrant its denizens dropping it. Perhaps some evil and death spell scrolls. I'm assuming Miuo hasn't entered Ecaterina's mound proper then?

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 01:26:59 PM »
the area beneath is where the bling is

Miuo

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 01:36:26 PM »
Been down there before as well a few times, the few times iv been down there with a party it wasn't much different either :/ Few herbs and then some pretty common loot. Not really expecting great loot, but based on their difficulty would expect something worth while. I was also told as well there is a secret invis chest on the surface you need to have a some what decent/high check to find.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 01:37:38 PM »
what sort of demons where down there Vrock, Hazrou or Glabrezou?

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 10:09:19 PM »
Actually I have a very distant memory of grabbing some level 8 scrolls out of the Supreme Warlocks/Witches. What goes to the downstairs, only useful thing I've ever found there is G. Hag Heart - as at those times lock picker hasn't been around for the unbreakable chest..  :evil:

marlewebber

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »
Spoiler: show
Very powerful scrolls and also very noteworthy wondrous items drop there on the highest spawn.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 10:14:49 PM »
Lysaga drops some very nice things, off of memory I have found:

Spoiler: show
True Wit
Scabbard of Blessing
Hectors Essence
Juggernaut Helm
Falkovnian Talon Bracer
and like Tzaeru mentions, high level spell scrolls too. Usually a chunk of gold too.

You need Glabrezus though, full Glabs
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

dark_majico

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 04:12:05 AM »
Maybe they ought to have some alchemy components, being witches, a few weak potions? She does have a point, thick fur armour is probably just going to get left as litter on the ground which is detrimental to the module.

Miuo

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 05:44:29 AM »
I did leave it, it is to heavy and worth to little to bother lugging it off, but of all the witches we killed the loot was similar we didn't get anything that couldn't be found in a low level dungeon, i may just have bad luck though and got crappy loots the past few times iv beens there :3 Will keep looking and see if i get any luck with some good stuffs.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 05:48:23 AM »
all dungeons even the low level ones can spawn very good gear, if it reaches the higher spawn levels

Miuo

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 05:56:28 AM »
Figured Supreme Witches/Warlocks would of been the good spawn, considering they are CR 14 and quite powerful, so when they got killed and we found only petty low level loot on them, it was quite a let down. Also so, for some reason they started attacking each other ever time one of them casted a spell i dont know the name of :3 XD