Author Topic: Stealth Dungeon Farming >.<  (Read 30143 times)

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
Re: Stealth Dungeon Farming >.<
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »
If you're having party wipes in the ML crypts, you're doing something wrong.

Weeell, that's not entirely true. The way that knights spawn from the walls can throw people off and lead to a lot of unexpected deaths.
: )

swbf2lord

« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2014, 06:01:49 PM »
If you're having party wipes in the ML crypts, you're doing something wrong.

Weeell, that's not entirely true. The way that knights spawn from the walls can throw people off and lead to a lot of unexpected deaths.

Granted. Although a balanced party should be able to compensate.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2014, 06:37:31 PM »
Exactly. Higher levels in low-level dungeons is far worse than a ninja looter hitting a place one every reset. Most ninja looters don't even bother at that rate, but once every few resets.

Without the current system in place, ninja looters would simply be wiping spawns, as many could, to get the items, and perpetually keeping the spawns lower.

How is it worse? If the build is not made for stronger things? I for one, cannot do lvl 13 dungeons on Aleyi. Cause the build is not fit for it. I think both thing are not that bad.

swbf2lord

« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2014, 06:51:22 PM »
Exactly. Higher levels in low-level dungeons is far worse than a ninja looter hitting a place one every reset. Most ninja looters don't even bother at that rate, but once every few resets.

Without the current system in place, ninja looters would simply be wiping spawns, as many could, to get the items, and perpetually keeping the spawns lower.

How is it worse? If the build is not made for stronger things? I for one, cannot do lvl 13 dungeons on Aleyi. Cause the build is not fit for it. I think both thing are not that bad.

Your level 13 is going to be badly misplaced in the Morninglord crypts, Budly.

However, I'm not sure you got what I said. I was talking about the current script to lower loot if a looter enters a dungeon after looting it, before a server reset.

If looting was completely taken away, which--it doesn't hurt anyone really, the way it is--then those who would be looting a dungeon are instead going to be wiping it.
And they might be a level 20 PC in a level 13 dungeon. They won't gain experience, but they'll do it to get loot.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2014, 08:38:42 PM »

Your level 13 is going to be badly misplaced in the Morninglord crypts, Budly.

However, I'm not sure you got what I said. I was talking about the current script to lower loot if a looter enters a dungeon after looting it, before a server reset.

If looting was completely taken away, which--it doesn't hurt anyone really, the way it is--then those who would be looting a dungeon are instead going to be wiping it.
And they might be a level 20 PC in a level 13 dungeon. They won't gain experience, but they'll do it to get loot.

I see, I do not think scripts should be in place over IC things one can do.

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2014, 04:49:59 AM »
While it's not against the rules, surely you understand why high levels clearing low level areas is a problem? It potentially offsets the exp and loot gain balance for lower level characters who want to visit the dungeon. While visiting a dungeon not designed for your level range might happen it's not a huge deal, but frequenting dungeons way below your expertise will just take away the spawns for the players who should be taking advantage of them or if partying up with low levels eat up a huge chunk of their gains. I'd consider it a bit lacking of tact, this is also part of the reason why we've got systems working that encourage higher level characters to emigrate from the starting areas.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2014, 05:15:01 AM »
as a rule, I think that if you can still get xp from the dungeon, you should go there. Once that xp stops, stop going there.

my level 10 character still gets xp in the lower levels of the crypts, sometimes all levels if the spawns are good, so i see no reason why he shouldn't be able to take advantage of that xp. He is making progress according to his rest message, so again.

But isn't that not what this is about? This is about running into a dungeon in stealth or invis, taking all the goods, and leaving without fighting. I have a stealther, and its not above him to do this. It can be strategic. you don't KNOW for sure if someone is going to spot you, and you still have to take precautions with your moving (remember! when you move, you suffer penalties that you don't suffer when you stand still.) in fact, isn't there bonus xp for rogues who stealth past successfully? Or... did I misread that?

What I think is terrible, is when you're working hard to clear a dungeon, and you have a sneak taking all your loot before you have a chance to, WHILE you're there. More importantly, without RP. There are a lot of ways to rp a sneak right, and just following people around because they can't see you without offering interaction is cheesy.

I always make sure to freak my prey out.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2014, 11:45:33 AM »

I agree here - a lot of the PC's that loot are powerful enough to wipe the places they are looting, on their own. Considering the time it takes for spawns to grow to higher rates, that would definitely hurt the parties who want to adventure. At times, it can already be difficult to find higher spawns and I think this would amplify that issue.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:47:45 AM by Mika! »