You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Few more spell changes?  (Read 1935 times)

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
Few more spell changes?
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:43:19 AM »
I few more spells I'd recommend changing more towards the Player Handbook, or some for flavor.

Flare:  Allow this spell to either light camp fires, or do 1 damage of fire to be able to light camp fires.

Stone to Flesh: This spell normally has a DC 15 Fortitude or Die after being restored.

Mass Charm Person: This spell is very much broken. Hostile creatures still attack you, and if cast on hostile players, it works like a "more stupid" confusion, forcing players to use random items and potions (even 1/use plot loot on one occasion) as they still fight whomever is hostile to the character.

I'm pretty sure I had more suggestions, but I forgot.

Added:

Control Undead: Needs fixed to not attack neutral targets that have hit the faction belonging to the undead before, or something like that.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 04:06:20 AM by Rhymenoceros »

Thani

• Undead Master
Re: Few more spell changes?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:08:28 AM »
Flare is supposed to suck, its just a flare, so the dmg I wouldn't agree with and the ability to light fire... well, allright I guess.

Stone to Flesh is painful as it is, having to stand around hours and hours as a stone until someone comes along. To die when being restored would just be overkill.

I'd appreciate some changes to the animate dead skeletons if possible. Like giving them weapons. That way a person would notice that its a skeleton resembling their buddy, whos weilding their weapons. (Also you could pimp them out with music instruments and such. Or use them as oxes.)

Badelaire

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:18:07 AM »
Mainly as a curio and to see the FULL range of spells that should be available to differing caster-ability classes that NWN never implemented or did so in such a way as to completely change and/or make them suck, the below link will guide you to some PDF's that show you full spell listings. Bear in mind some spells work differently in Ravenloft which also has setting-specific as well which aren't represented.

http://www.irossco.com/dnd/
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:31:42 AM by Badelaire »

Thani

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 09:30:34 AM »
Mainly as a curio and to see the FULL range of spells that should be available to differing caster-ability classes that NWN never implemented or did so in such a way as to completely change and/or make them suck, the below link will guide you to some PDF's that show you full spell listings.

Very true... Mages are pretty much castrated in NWN... its sad. Imagine if we had greater teleport and permanency and alll that stuff in NWN...
holy sht none would play a fighter or so.

Badelaire

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 09:32:55 AM »
Ranger's and Blackgaurds are two caster classes that have had their nads cut off when it comes to magic in NWN, even Paladins only get a smidgeon of their original spells. Just look at the neat tricks assassin's have up their sleeves not to mention the fact Shadow Dancers would be flinging shadow conjurations and evocations about. I always liked creating clean, safe drinking water with a cleric then water boarding someone for info. :P
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:36:49 AM by Badelaire »

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 09:56:59 AM »
Mainly as a curio and to see the FULL range of spells that should be available to differing caster-ability classes that NWN never implemented or did so in such a way as to completely change and/or make them suck, the below link will guide you to some PDF's that show you full spell listings.

Very true... Mages are pretty much castrated in NWN... its sad. Imagine if we had greater teleport and permanency and alll that stuff in NWN...
holy sht none would play a fighter or so.

If those mages had their material components, exp losses for most powerful spells, resting could be done just once or twice a day, and fighters had all their DnD feats, I am quite sure fighters would still be much liked.  :P

Anyhow.. I'll say that assassins, blackguards, rangers and shadowdancers would definitely benefit positively without imbalance issues by being given wider variety of spells! Or, spells at all, what goes to those 3 PrCs.

Badelaire

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 11:14:54 AM »
Everytime I hear the words "material components" I just think of the Deadalewives sketch via Summoner:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA[/youtube]

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
According to the SRD, Flare only creates a burst of light. It's interesting that NWN changed it to a "hot burst of light", though I'm not sure it uses actual flames for that effect. But I could easily see Electric Jolt also starting minor fires. My wizard likes using Combust for starting fires...
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Threefold

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »
I personally would love to see Blade Thirst made into a spell that, you know, actually made an ounce of sense to cast.

Making it turn/level, scale with additional levels, and perhaps adding the Keen or Wounding property to the weapon would be awesome.

And I don't think anyone can argue that pure rangers don't need the help.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 04:03:11 PM »
I personally would love to see Blade Thirst made into a spell that, you know, actually made an ounce of sense to cast.

Making it turn/level, scale with additional levels, and perhaps adding the Keen or Wounding property to the weapon would be awesome.

And I don't think anyone can argue that pure rangers don't need the help.

Playing one is pretty thankless. We dont get to join in any of the other reindeer games.