Author Topic: Help for newbs  (Read 3363 times)

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
Re: Help for newbs
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 12:57:14 PM »
and being with a party seems to be useless because there are no people of near the same level.

I'd not focus overly much on levels, just threats. My Wirth was somewhere around level 8, and brought along a level 2 monk with him and his party to the spider cave on a large spawn. Not only did the monk live because he played smart, he actually saved me when my roguish character had the misfortune of having to replace the tank, after the warrior fell.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

dark_majico

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2011, 08:30:09 AM »
and being with a party seems to be useless because there are no people of near the same level.

You can still party with people if your levle ranges differ, I dont know the actual point at which XP will stop and for whom, but I frequently create new characters and I am a very very slow leveler, I can sit at level 4 or 5 for months at a time. I have very rarely encounterd 0XP from kills when partying with higher people. There are also waves of new characters being created all the time, so suddenly there will be a mini explosion of people who are lower or the same level as you.

twistedkarma

• New to the Mists
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 11:00:39 PM »

You can still party with people if your levle ranges differ, I dont know the actual point at which XP will stop and for whom, but I frequently create new characters and I am a very very slow leveler, I can sit at level 4 or 5 for months at a time. I have very rarely encounterd 0XP from kills when partying with higher people. There are also waves of new characters being created all the time, so suddenly there will be a mini explosion of people who are lower or the same level as you.

It is very very boring to watch higher levels kill everything.

dark_majico

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 05:38:04 AM »
You dont have to kill every creature that spawns, and neither do you even have to hit every creature (ranged or melee), by being there and participating you are still a part of the group, and if anyone feels that if you do not do enough you shouldnt be there, then they have the wrong attitude. I hope you do not feel this way.