Author Topic: Blood, Sex, and Lies - Rinthia  (Read 1619 times)

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
  • LOOT B4 LUV - TIEFLING LYFE
Blood, Sex, and Lies - Rinthia
« on: October 07, 2011, 09:08:34 AM »
Blood, Sex, and Lies....Rinthia

Portrait Here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VTWZWDR0

Deity: None, though some respect towards Hypnos and Tymora
Class: Rogue
Profession: Adventurer, Spy, Merchant

Core Statistics:

Charisma: Her appearance is quite attractive, though sexy would be the most apt word to describe her. Though her personality can be blunt and grating at times, offsetting her looks.
Height: 5'5
Weight: Little more than a hundred and twenty pounds.
Build: Thin and lithe, though she has sharp curves in all the right places despite having a smaller frame and bust.

Appearance: Red of skin, hair, and eyes, Rinthia is often seen in dark clothing, and while is known for wearing revealing outfits, that seems to have changed recently. She walks with a swagger and with enough confidence one would think she could take a Harmonium patrol. Large, leathery wings protrude from her back and a pointed devilish tail sways just above her tailbone.[/center]

She never knew where she came from, or who her parents were. When left at an orphanage in the Prime of Oerth, the only thing in the basket with her was a blanket with the name 'Rinthia' embroidered on it. That was the only trace there was of the young tiefling's parentage.

Rinthia was a different child. She knew it from a young age. She wasn't like the other children at the orphanage. Red skin, horns, and a tail. As with all children, they could be cruel. Rinthia became known as the 'little devil girl' to the other children. This was her first step towards her mistrust of others. Because of this, she chose to stay quiet that majority of the time,secluding herself when able.

As she grew with age, she had noticed several things. She was still smaller than most, but that granted her a lithe figure, and a much more nimbleness and dexterity. She also noticed she seemed somewhat smarter than the other kids, finding it easier to pick up on things. By the time she was a teenager, a new change had come along: Leathery wings had burst from her back. This only added to the verbal abuse from the other teenagers, until one boy in a panic induced fear of her new appeared threw a stone at the 'devil-girl'. Dazed and bleeding from a gaze in her forehead, Rinthia left the orphanage for good that day with only the clothing on her back.

Alone, scared, and hungry, she wandered the streets. Days past. Dirty, tired and a stomach in constant pain, she decided to try and steal some food. She didn't want to, but she couldn't think of any alternatives. She made her way to the street vendors in the market, trying to blend in with the crowd. She approached a fruit vendor, and when she thought his attention was taken by another customer, she made her first theft. Or she would have, if the merchant didn't grab her wrist the moment she moved to leave. Crying, she tried to explain, but he wanted the little thief's hand. A sword was brandished and drawn back. As it came down, the tiefling girl could only scream. She closed her eyes and cringed, unable to watch. But no pain came. Only the sound of steel hitting more steel, and the feeling of the hand holding her wrist tighten. Timidly she opened her eyes and looked to see what prevented her fate. A hooded man that looked as if he was dressed for the desert stood a few feet away, a scimitar in hand and holding the merchant's blade above her wrist. He paid the merchant double for what Rin had attempted to steal, and claimed responsibility. After the transaction, he took her hand and led her away.

The man's name was Malfias, and when he removed his hood Rin's heart skipped a beat. He had horns. He was like her. She was no longer alone. He learned of her history in the orphanage, and in turn explained to her what she was, where her ancestry had come from. He provided her with food, clothing, and a safe place to sleep. Life was good for the tiefling girl for a time, until it came time to repay her debt. As it turned out, Malfias was a roguish type, deft with his fingers and light of step. He did little unless he felt he could profit from it, and he sure as hell intended to profit over this girl that cost him fifty copper. But he wasn't completely without a heart. He would teach her to provide for herself with the unlawful talents he had developed. For now, he took his repayment with her body. She was a fool. She thought he loved her, and having a teenage crush on him for rescuing her, gave him all he asked of her.

Several years passed, and she had learned everything he had to teach, and she was bringing in her 'earnings' to him for her 'rent'. But he had grown tired of her, and he was given an offer that would fill his pockets for some time. Far more than this girl could ever make him by picking pockets. She was sold to a brothel far from home, in a different plane. She didn't even know other planes existed, and here she was being dragged from the only place she truly called home, crying out for Malfias to save her as he watched the two large planars cart her off. She didn't understand why he let it happen. She was hurt, confused, and once again alone.

Exit Rinthia the thief, enter Rinthia the whore. She was taught, against her will, how to be an object of pleasure. But she found, even if it wasn't with Malfias, she enjoyed sex. While reulctant and resistant at first, she found herself falling into it quickly, and turning to enjoy it. It felt natural to her, as if she was indulging an instinct she didn't know she had. She made plenty, even with the house cut. She was so successful that many of the other girls began to grow resentful and jealous of this new girl. What her customers didn't know is that this overindulgent, eager to please tiefling girl retained her deft hands, and always skimmed a little extra for herself whenever she could.

Life was good for Rinthia once again. She found a profession she enjoyed, and all her needs were met. It was there she got the first hint at her heritage, a plane traveler telling her of the fiendish succubi.  It was interesting to her, learning that there was an entire breed of demons out there who lived for pleasure, and for getting what they desired. Unfortunately for Rinthia, her moment had passed once again. The other girls threatened her life if she didn't leave, tired of this girl stealing all their usual customers. Paying nearly all of her earnings, she bought her freedom and left for her own safety. Another place she called home was behind her, and with a heavy heart she pressed on to find new arrangements.

Using the talents she learned at the brothel, she found herself with food and shelter often enough. It was during one such stay that she met a man named Draven. He had a large collection of blades in his home, almost all short and sharp, or daggers. It turned out he was a prize-winning knife-fighter. In exchange for her 'services', he agreed to teach her how to defend herself. When the lessons were complete, he even gifted her with a pair of daggers to protect herself with. It's a dangerous world for naive girls out there, after all.

She was again enjoying her life, despite not having a true home. Sex, drugs, and alcohol was all she needed. And then opportunity came knocking. Through an unnamed source, the local thieves guild had heard of Rin and approached her, offering her membership. She took it, and was again given a home. It was there she worked to hone the skills given to her by Malfias and Draven. As her skill increased, she worked harder to not get noticed by others in the guild. She was afraid to be openly good at what she did.Each time she had tried she lost it all. And just like that, she decided she wanted more for herself. And she wanted it to be for herself. She didn't want to be supporting some other source with her hard work. She left the guild without notice, earning her some unfriendly enemies. But she didn't care. She contacted the planar transit guild and left discreetly.

She decided to try her hand at treasure hunting to try and boost her income. Rumors, maps, and legends; all were a good enough source for her to investigate. Sometimes she faced creatures that didn't like her intruding in her habitat, but with her dagger work she never had too much trouble. Most times the trips she took were busts, but the occasional score was worth it to her. She took to spying around as well, listening in when others thought they were holding private conversations. It was a good way to get information for good hits, and even if she didn't learn anything of interest to herself, she sometimes learned things that were of interest to others. Information, she knew, was a very valuable commodity and she could make decent coin with it. Sometimes she was commissioned by repeat customers to stalk others, learn more. Again, life was good.

On a tip she had overheard, she packed up her few belongings and returned to the Prime of Toril, heading into the mountains. She had heard there was a big score in a cave there and she intended to make it hers. She had to explore at least a dozen caves with no luck, but she was persistent. The last cave she found was caved in, but that wouldn't stop her. She dug out the rubble and made her way inside. It was there she found a crying, gold-skinned girl.

The gold-skinned girl turned out to be a woman named Mica. Mica knew next to nothing of her past, just her name. Rin had every intention of pawning the girl off to a slavers guild the first chance she got. It wasn't the big score she had come for, and she was going to make some profit one way or another. Something stirred in her during the nights of returning as she watched Mica sleep. Her conscience, for better or worse, decided against her plan. Instead, she put her to work. She was a skilled battle-priestess to a diety known as Hypnos, the God of Dreams.

Years passed, and the two forged a strong bond of friendship. Mica was the first in years Rin allowed herself to trust. After several successful relic hunts, they settled down in Sigil to run a shop, selling all the things they've found along the way. Life was good for a long time, yet again. She still made sure she was behind the scenes, learning what she could about all those that come and go. Idle hands, as they say. She joined a faction during her time in Sigil, the Xaositects. Chaosmen. Not because of her love for chaos, but because it was a wonderful cover for her actions. Though life couldn't be going much better for her, she began to grow angsty, staying in one place for so long after a life of being always on the move...it became more and more difficult for her. She took to finding and exploring random portals in the City of Doors.

A mistake, on her part, overall. Enter the Demiplane of Dread. For now, the poor tiefling doesn't know what she's gotten herself into, and that she won't be leaving. This is her story.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:18:46 PM by LivingWasteland »

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
Re: Blood, Sex, and Lies - Rinthia
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:19:24 AM »
A surprisingly well kept leather journal that is always kept on the tiefling's person has finally started seeing some use. Within the pages, a finely penned scrawl can be discovered.

" I've finely decided to give life in this place a chance. I'm tired of hiding. I'm tired of trying to find a gate key back to the City. Don't think I'll ever make it back to Sigil. Time to buckle down and at least try to make some contacts, I suppose. The few contacts I made when I arrived seem to be gone. Perhaps I'll make more, and even visit this 'Drain' I've heard so much about."

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 04:26:14 PM »
" Been neglecting this thing. Too much going on lately. Most good, some bad. I should go back sometime soon and detail tings. Things I won't want to forget. Can't write current events. Too much incriminating should anyone get my book. I manage merchants now. My opportunities for advancement are opening the more money I make the Drain. I AM the Drain's merchant. The others aware just working for me. I finally have proven m tat I'm better than these worms and powerful people are noticing. Perfection is in the blood. "

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 10:53:38 AM »
" Pinkskins. Too many of of late in our Drain thinking they're better than those that run it. And my patience is running thin. I'm a Crewboss now. Any topsider that thinks they are better than me in the Drain is an ant...and I am the boot. The only people better than me starts at Fredek and works up to the management. I may have to stamp out an ant or two soon."

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:42:22 AM »
" I've died. For two months I've decomposed and was left to rot.

Where was your loyalty, Fredek? I was killed protecting one of my Fangs, regardless of your personal feelings. The Drain protects it's own, and he was one of mine. And those I trusted left me to rot.

I won't be so foolish again. I told myself from the start it was wrong to trust anyone. I won't trust again. Trust gets one killed.

In hiding now. Somehow the Vardo bitch knew I was alive, even though it was an extremely well kept secret. She claimed she had eyes all over the Port, but I was not raised there, nor did I move about undisguised. If she comes for me, she will force my hand. Settling my score with the Vardo is not my primary concern. There are other issues. Far more important issues.

I have acquired a bodyguard. I will acquire more soon.

Ceryn. Where were you? Why did you let me rot? Why did you replace me with Chloe?

So many questions. Can't trust anyone for answers.

I know how I can ask. I know what I can do. I know what I have to do. "

There's a sketch of a pentagram at the bottom of the entry, and a spell for invoking a demonic power written in Abyssal.