Author Topic: unfair safe area rest switching.  (Read 1080 times)

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
unfair safe area rest switching.
« on: May 02, 2011, 02:55:33 PM »
I have noticed that at some point if I rest anywhere in the Vistani mist camp (not just the rest tent) then my safe location become the Mist camp as well as my last location. Furthermore my base location is also the mist camp.

I am not happy at all with my characters being forced to pay 100 gp and waste 3 minutes of my time just to get to a viable playing area. I don't care how easy some people think it is to get gold (and you can't at all in the misty camp). It is nothing more than a OOC tax on high level characters merely for having the gall to actually be high level. This is wrong.

Either only change safe area when resting in an actual inn or tent, or enable the players to leave the mist camp after a reset without having to pay / wait through a time delay trip.

"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Re: unfair safe area rest switching.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 03:23:50 PM »
it changes as you take the caravan out of barovia

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: unfair safe area rest switching.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »
Your safe location becomes the last place you've gotten out of a caravan at.  This prevents players from using dungeons to warp across country borders.

If your last location is in Barovia, your faction base will be at the Vallaki Vistani camp.