Author Topic: Logging back in to Dungeons.  (Read 1987 times)

Miuo

Logging back in to Dungeons.
« on: April 20, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
Would it be possible to change the option from being portal'ed back to last safe area, to the OOC lounge. When logging back into a hostile area after you've been gone for the allotted time?

Because several times now iv had to log out in a hostile place do deal with life, then when i came back i was portal'ed back to a place that was not any better. Almost dying just trying to get back to where i originally was.

Seems to make more sense to give the person coming back a choice where they want to go, or choose a option that puts them closer to where they originally were.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
Re: Logging back in to Dungeons.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:06:54 PM »
You mean similar to what happens after a reset?
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
I would think the reason players aren't allowed to access the ooc area and re-enter the game a second time, is because the potential for abusing that ability would be pretty high.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 03:33:15 PM »
I would think the reason players aren't allowed to access the ooc area and re-enter the game a second time, is because the potential for abusing that ability would be pretty high.

Exactly. People could use it for travel.

I guess I can only advice you to plan ahead before heading out. If you don't have the time to finish. Though is it usually that dangerous outside the dungeons? Perhaps it's just certain dungeons that require tweaking to help with the issue?

Miuo

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 04:30:44 PM »
You mean similar to what happens after a reset?

Yes.

Exactly. People could use it for travel.

I guess I can only advice you to plan ahead before heading out. If you don't have the time to finish. Though is it usually that dangerous outside the dungeons? Perhaps it's just certain dungeons that require tweaking to help with the issue?

What about bumping the time up so one has to be gone 20-30 mins for it to happen. Even as it is the system could be abused though. If i want to travel to Demu quickly all i would have to do is go log out in some hostile place come back in like 10-15 mins and then i'm just a cart away from being there. It inst a usual issue but when you got to go you got to go. To me it just seems kind of like a punishment to have a "safe" location chosen for you, i know what my char can handle and would like the chance to choose the best suited reentry point for her.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »
It is as it is because in the past some people logged inn and farmed key loot and bbegs for loot and xp also it keeps people who suddenly have to run in real life å chance to not die

The timer is set to around the standard respawn timer

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 05:36:38 PM »
15 mins if you arnt back in 15 mins your back outside the dungeon or starting area.

i find it a good thing cause gods the old system didnt get abused   no it got ******* even a shower didnt help the server to feel better afterwards, it got fixed and its a good thing it did spawns have the ability to get higher  and ppl cant farm it anymore as they used to.

trust me its better off this way even if you are one of a small group that thinks otherwise and that has bad luck qith timing.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Miuo

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 09:09:57 PM »
I do think the system is good and like it, i just don't like not having a choice in where it decides to send me.

Vissitude

• Dark Lord
  • "Ni ceart go cur le cheile"
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 09:17:46 PM »
The system, IIRC is supposed to port a person to their last Saved Location if logged out in a dungeon for longer than 15min. So, it basically sends you to your last saved rested area which is generally an Inn or area that saved your location when you rest. A suggestion would be, when you login to play, always make sure you rest in an Inn type area (Drain or Degannwy for those that can't go into the City Inns) before getting involved in any major dungeoning just in case there is an unforseeable moment you have to logout. :)

"Maireann croi eadrom i bhfad"

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 02:20:21 PM »
I wish instead of last saved location, it would go to your faction base.

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!â€Â

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 04:13:23 PM »
I wish instead of last saved location, it would go to your faction base.

Except if my faction base is the vistani mist camp  :?

I would hate having to pay 100 gp and waste 3 minutes just because I had to log out quickly
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:15:09 PM by Aahz »
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

Miuo

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 06:10:15 PM »
I did rest in other areas, and have done so over the last three days. But my last saved location is still the Tser Pool.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 02:28:35 AM »
If you rest outside of barovia, and travel to barovia your safe area will become tser.