Author Topic: Weapon Master feat list  (Read 1722 times)

Mathias

• New to the Mists
Weapon Master feat list
« on: April 10, 2011, 02:07:51 PM »
I've looked around and the few threads I've found discussing the problem I have seem to imply it's something coded in the system. I'm not sure if this the right place for this, but I'd love to have answers so I can take an enlightened decision.

Currently my character is a level 5 Fighter.

Now let's say she tries to take a level of Weapon Master.

Instead of getting the two feats that the progression charts I -think- suggests she should get, she's forced to waste one feat on Weapon of Choice (which I seem to have found through a cursory search might very well be intended) but also has access to an extremely small list of feats for her second feat. Is it because her general feat is 'taken' by Weapon of Choice?

I'm just trying to make sense of this, as if I take another level of Fighter then I can take a general feat and bonus feat just fine and I was under the impression that both classes had the same feat progression.
"Oh Light!
Give me your strength to comfort my heart.
Give me your sacredness to purify all.
Give me your tenderness to save all."

Alice, Hope Unconquered
Mathias Gall, Storyteller of Second Chances

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
Re: Weapon Master feat list
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 02:32:09 PM »
I believe so!

Mathias

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 02:42:24 PM »
I'll take it you mean my theory is correct? Alright then. That's somewhat disappointing but it also makes sense and fair's fair as they say.
"Oh Light!

Alice, Hope Unconquered

Threefold

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 09:40:48 PM »
I think I see what's happening with it, and yeah, sounds like you're right. The game thinks the feat you'd normally get on 6th level is used up for Weapon of Choice, and because Weapon of Choice isn't actually meant to take up a feat, you only have the limited list to chose to take your actual feat in.

I'd imagine you could fix it by taking your level of Weapon Master at level 7 instead, but you might not want to.

Mathias

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 09:46:06 PM »
So it's a bug? Ugh, I did take that WM level at 6... should I report it or something? I'm not sure how to handle this. ^_^;
"Oh Light!

Alice, Hope Unconquered

Threefold

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 08:17:27 AM »
Well, I think the only difference is that you had to take a feat from the restricted list instead of the general list (or even the Fighter list)

Unless it's going to cripple your build entirely, I wouldn't worry. I don't think you've lost out on a feat or anything, and likely you chose something that gets some kind of benefit.

Badelaire

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 08:19:25 AM »
You're going to be swimming in feats anyway, you'll be literally stumped with which ones to pick at later levels once you have all the saves and combat feats up the ying yang.

Mathias

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 06:36:38 PM »
*Looks forlornly in the direction of Blind Fight* I mean yeah Lightning Reflexes is a fine feat and all that, but waaaaah! :P
"Oh Light!

Alice, Hope Unconquered