Author Topic: Forum Registration Page Updates  (Read 121 times)

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Forum Registration Page Updates
« on: April 17, 2024, 06:49:23 PM »
Hey there PotM Fam!

Was chatting with a player on discord recently who was having a very hard time getting through the forum registration page on their phone. I wonder if there is a way to make it a little easier for those players who want to access the forums via their phone. Apparently the box to accept is very very small.

Here's what I see on my computer:

This is what I see on my phone:

But obviously the phone is much smaller. I do not know how to resize it to phone size.

William Roberts

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • Thrown a kettle over a pub...what have you done?
Re: Forum Registration Page Updates
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 08:47:20 AM »
The easiest way to fix it would be to shorten the text on the button. (It looks as though the button is sized by how much text it has to accommodate.)

So, for example, changing the text to "Accept All Policy Terms."

Even though you say the problem is the button is too small, when I looked on my phone the issue is the button is the entire width of the screen, which causes it to blend in with the other text. Moreover, sometimes browsers will shrink something to try to fit it on a screen because the length of the text doesn't contain a line break. In any case, that's a lot of text to fit in a single line on a "button."

I'd at least give shorter wording a try.

Beauty like a tightened bow, a kind that is not natural in an age like this.

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
Re: Forum Registration Page Updates
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 12:08:15 PM »
You can zoom in with your phone if a precise tap is the issue.

Looking at it objectively there's no real indicator the line of text is a "button" at all. A mouse cursor will change to indicate it is one if you were inclined to do so on a computer, but with a phone unless you're keenly familiar with bordering habits for buttons it's just a weird line of text.