You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Outcast Rating  (Read 1718 times)

kingsmiley

• New to the Mists
Outcast Rating
« on: March 14, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »
I am not sure how it works, and I just am looking for clarification. One of my characters, who is a outlander human, has a 26 OR, and this was after I had casted divine favor in the lady's rest. I just want to know if that it is the appropriate number for such a action.
I play Novero Ziegers!

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: Outcast Rating
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 05:26:58 PM »
The lady's rest inn has radu and bianca both of whom are barovians and barovians are fearful of magic of any type with few exceptions thus your OCR would be raised. It is best not to cast in public in barovia

kingsmiley

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 07:32:09 PM »
I can understand it raising, but I was wondering if 26 is the right number.
I play Novero Ziegers!

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »
are you sure this is the only time you have used any magic around NPCs?

have you ever done any Questionable activity that a DM might have noticed?

do you regularly attack garda?

does your character have freakish appearance?

kingsmiley

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:15:17 PM »
Just a regular human, and my OR was 12 before I casted the divine favor.
I play Novero Ziegers!

kingsmiley

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 08:16:18 PM »
I am down to ride it out if it is not a bug or nothins
I play Novero Ziegers!

Threefold

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 08:20:43 PM »
....Wow, that does seem a bit harsh. Never seen this system occur, but it seems it'd be a lot fairer if casting once had the NPC's scream at you, rather than just instantly go insane. Then the second casting within a short time frame has the full increase.

Or something.

Illy-Dan

• Undead Slayer
  • Who is John Galt?
    • Grey Wardens.com
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 09:00:07 PM »
The problem I have with the OCR is that it seems *really* easy to raise by massive amounts, but terribly difficult (to my knowledge) to lower again.  I had a companion who had her OCR raised to a whopping 20 points a little while ago.  She was attacked by the Garda - she did not attack them.

Now, I am not disputing the OCR's existence, but it does seem a little harsh on the increase.

"Enemies, as well as lovers, come to resemble each other over a period of time."
— Sydney J. Harris

Miuo

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 10:25:05 PM »
It can easily rise without much notice if there are a bunch of NPC's about since it gets raised for each NPC. Such happened to me before i even new about OCR, i accidentally casted bulls str in the lodge at night so with every one there it skyrocket'ed way up XD Though the DM's were kind enough to wipe it for me after i learned about the whole OCR system.

Dm's are usually understanding if its raised quickly and unknowing by new players, but i think it needs to be advertised a bit more in about the server part of the forum as well as the IG journal, i don't think i found it in there before when i was poking about the forum and server before when i was seeing if it was for me.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 11:47:40 AM »
And it's a bit Harsh: spellcasting is not a crime. However, if you cast a spell in the lady's rest and then enter the city, all the guards try to simply attack you.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Miuo

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 06:29:29 PM »
Spell casting is a crime here though, The locals think it evil, and anyone using it to be evil. Best to not cast around any local PC's and be careful around which PC's you cast around since some are locals as well and will condemn you for such

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 06:49:23 PM »
Spellcasting isn't illegal, but casting magic so it panics people is.

But people hate magic users, and you cast around someone and they spread the word, and this is what OCR reflects. So best solution is to play it smart always