Author Topic: Two questions...one about deleting Characters, one about deleting items.  (Read 2745 times)

Kagetora

• Undead Master
So, I'm pretty new here, but having a blast with a few characters I made.  Thanks for all the hard work to begin with.

On the way to having that fun, I made more than a couple "oopsies."  I have a full page plus of Characters on my sign-in page, only 4 of which I am interested in keeping.  But...my Delete buttong is greyed out.  Is there a way to delete these unwanted mistakes of nature and my warped mind?

Second question...on one of the characters I want to keep (but COULD re-make if needed), I was "Crafting" my armor's appearance, and my computer locked up.  Wierd.  I was only about half done.  When I logged back on, I had the original, unmodified armor in my inventory, and was wearing a half-finished copy of the modification, which could no longer be modified further, and cannot be dropped or sold to get it out of my inventory, where it is taking up 6 spots and 15 pounds right now.  It calls it a "plot item" or something when I try.  How can I dump this useless set of studded leather?  Can it be removed from the character's inventory?

Thanks for the answers in advance...

Threefold

• Dark Lord
I don't think character deletion is possible (something about the server's security limitations)

A DM can pull bugged items from your inventory, I had similar stuff happen.

Should cover it all, I think. :)

Kagetora

• Undead Master
Awesomesauce.  Thanks for the replies!   :D

Miuo

The only way i know of to fix a account filled with unused chars is to make a new account with that char, but eventually the process just repeats over and over. Usually best to just try and ignore it. Since you only need to see you're char log sheet for a few seconds while logging in ^-^

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
It's not a security issue, the delete button only works if you're playing in single-player. The server admin doesn't have the time to sift through the server vault to delete characters right now. If we upgrade to NWNx in the future it may be possible for you to do your own character maintenance, though.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Ellana Twiggy

I was actually pondering this issues as well, in the many years I have been playing here I have made several chars, I was thinking of simply asking to have the whole folder emptied and just seeing if one or two chars could be remade/saved. Still not sure if that would be a viable request given the hassle of having to remake a char, but it would certainly clear out all the garbage there for me.

Bato

• Dark Lord
I don't know why but I crash when crafting appearances too.
It's best to get a DM to deal with most items.

Though, if NWNX ever makes it into Ravenloft, there's a few character deletion plugins out there.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
It's not a security issue, the delete button only works if you're playing in single-player. The server admin doesn't have the time to sift through the server vault to delete characters right now. If we upgrade to NWNx in the future it may be possible for you to do your own character maintenance, though.

Hell-Fuck-Yeah-Please.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Hell-Fuck-Yeah-Please.
Again, watch the language, please.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002