You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Alchemy.  (Read 11238 times)

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
Re: Alchemy.
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »
Those air elemental thingies (Mishtu?) could produce Frozen Wisps. Cold (or electrical maybe?) type alchemical component.
The snow wraiths (Ayenshka?) could produce Frozen Ectoplasm. Cold (or Negative ?) type alchemical component.
Bleaknorns (sp?) could drop Frozen Bone. Cold (or Negative ?) type alchemical component.
Ice Mummies could drop Dessicated Lungs as was suggested. (Hi Vesper!)
Snow Golems could drop Heart of Snow. Cold or Magical type alchemical component. Heck, why not one of each?

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2010, 03:57:06 PM »
I am curious as there is an alchemist in Dementilieu, I wonder if it would be possible to create black powder and other chemistry and rennesance alchemy creations? and for some of the ingredients to be available in Port-a-lucine.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »
I am curious as there is an alchemist in Dementilieu, I wonder if it would be possible to create black powder and other chemistry and rennesance alchemy creations? and for some of the ingredients to be available in Port-a-lucine.

I sense fireball coming.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2010, 04:13:24 PM »

There is an Alchemist in Quartier Marchand, near the Rue de Pistolets, down a very small dead end 'alley'.  I believe it has a map pin to note the location.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »
I know that and because of that I am wondering if it would be possible to make black powder from ingredients found in the port, and if the port can sell alchemy ingredients, the common ones perhaps?

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2010, 06:03:06 AM »
Had Craals (or what they're spelt) been mentioned in alchemy droppings? They're like ice elementals on Baratak, as the fire minions, killed one and no drop. (And then I died with a second one :) )
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2010, 01:09:10 AM »
Had Craals (or what they're spelt) been mentioned in alchemy droppings? They're like ice elementals on Baratak, as the fire minions, killed one and no drop. (And then I died with a second one :) )

Spoiler: show
From what I understand, a Chraal is basically someone who died on the Paraelemental Plane of Ice and rose again as a undead spirit of wrath. And, no, I forgot to mention them in my cold post. But since they are basically ice animated by a wrathful spirit, they could drop Ice Fragment or something.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2010, 10:58:51 AM »
Iron Golem hearts should be moved back too dc40 or even higher, considering what it gives

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2010, 03:05:17 PM »
Can varnishes be made so that they can also be applied to gloves? That'd be quite neat, and gives monks some needed edge.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2010, 09:38:55 AM »
There are some things that are already in the module, dropping from creatures, but don't really have any use. I think they should be made useful before adding more new body parts to use. These here for example just fill up the bag without purpose (except skeleton knuckles, but I've a suggestion for them):

5 skeleton knuckles -> diluted unholy essence -> lesser unholy varnish (1d4 negative energy on hit, 3d4 on throw)

1 vampire fang -> diluted unholy essence -> lesser unholy varnish (1d4 negative energy on hit, 3d4 on throw)

1 elite vampire heart -> concentrated unholy essence -> strong unholy varnish (1d8 negative energy on hit, 3d8 on throw)

1 cold stone -> diluted cold essence -> lesser icy varnish (already exists)

1 alhoon ichor -> strongest magical varnish(don't remember its name) -> strongest magical varnish (already exists)

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2010, 08:30:48 AM »
Righto...I've delved in some of those new areas now. Wish I could've stuck around to see what that ancient brown pudding would yield, but was too afraid it would consume me (those things are freakin' crazy). Anyway, there were two things I noted up to that which could be made varnishable:

Aberrant Giant Assassin Bug: 1 poison gland of some sorts...which would become some sort of poison varnish.

Giant Slug: 1 big acidic glob(of some sort) -> concentrated acid essence -> strong acid varnish.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2011, 09:11:57 PM »
How about making the fire snakes in Har'akir yield some sort of ashes to make scorching varnishes from?

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2011, 07:22:38 PM »
Fire Imp: Lesser Scorching Varnish.
Fire Snake: Lesser Scorching Varnish.
Hell Hound: Lesser Scorching Varnish.
Nessian Hell Hound: Strong Scorching Varnish.
Dust Devils: Strong Scorching Varnish.
Greater Fire Snake: Strong Scorching Varnish.
Greater Dust Devils: Greater Scorching Varnish.

More to follow up...

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2011, 08:58:33 PM »
Fire Imp: Lesser Scorching Varnish.
Fire Snake: Lesser Scorching Varnish.
Hell Hound: Lesser Scorching Varnish.
Nessian Hell Hound: Strong Scorching Varnish.
Dust Devils: Strong Scorching Varnish.
Greater Fire Snake: Strong Scorching Varnish.
Greater Dust Devils: Greater Scorching Varnish.

More to follow up...

Good suggestions. I'm only not sure about the dust devils yielding scorching varnish. I've seen nothing about them that suggests fiery element.

...also...Kolgrímur: Bestest scorching varnish.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:00:35 PM by Telkar »

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2011, 11:31:46 PM »

Bestest you say?  :devil:

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »

Bestest you say?  :devil:

Yes...don't look at me like that.

Anyway...I feel like we need more places that offer a good dose of ingredients for magical varnishes, lesser and strong, but mostly strong. The only place that offers such is the alhoon lair as of now, making it incredibly farmed.

...maybe dust devils and greater dust devils could be used for magical varnishes. They could leave behind some sort of essence maybe, such as a little gem.

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »

Bestest you say?  :devil:

Yes...don't look at me like that.

Anyway...I feel like we need more places that offer a good dose of ingredients for magical varnishes, lesser and strong, but mostly strong. The only place that offers such is the alhoon lair as of now, making it incredibly farmed.

...maybe dust devils and greater dust devils could be used for magical varnishes. They could leave behind some sort of essence maybe, such as a little gem.

As elementals perhaps a dust giving a minor hint to the background of Har'Akir or a refrence to the Desert?