Author Topic: Positive system experience  (Read 11815 times)

• Dark Power
Re: Positive system experience
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »
The latest update allowing melee spells to apply to gloves and projectiles is just genius

thanks so much for that!

So much this.  :mrgreen:

Agreed!

I agree though this really hurt the AA PRC. Any chance that you can make Ranger be able to take AA with out a level of magic, tht would make them a bit more effective.

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Draxiss

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 09:24:36 PM »
Sometimes, I think the server is slightly aware, because some pretty awesome things have happened within it that really fit (watching someone get stalked by big, scary wolves -> Really cool.)
Draxiss - Survival. It's what's for dinner.

monsinyana

• Dark Power
  • Dead Post Necromancer
    • Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 07:24:44 PM »
I like to show a lot of new players around server when i meet them

one thing I'd like to point out is at some point every single one of them makes a comment about the systems in place here and how impressed they are

since most of us are 'in' it every day i think we forget just how much nuance and work has gone into our server

on behalf of all those that have positive system experiences that ive heard expressed (but that havent come here to say so) i just want the dev team to know all their hard work is highly appreciated and noticed and commented upon regularly, even if they might not see it
Loremaster Clydessa G.F. Swift, Toril - Deceased
Sister Anne - Hallowed Witch of Hala, Mordentshire
Frothy! - Devout drunk of Wenta the Alewife, Oerth

gainreduction

• Cool Dungeon Bro
  • Undead Master
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 06:26:15 PM »
Ranger is awesome tested out a build last night.
parry changes are great, and this has really breathed some new life into NWN for me!

ladylena

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 07:18:59 PM »
Ranger is awesome tested out a build last night.
parry changes are great, and this has really breathed some new life into NWN for me!

I would suggest just downloading the ravenloft downloader: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=31330.0

It should just download all the missing files for you easy breezy

gainreduction

• Cool Dungeon Bro
  • Undead Master
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 08:24:27 PM »
Eh what missing files, the custom GUI?

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »
Honestly one of my favorite things is the custom POTM gui LOL

Iluvatar

• Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • I'm one of Strahd's subjects
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 12:09:14 PM »
Honestly one of my favorite things is the custom POTM gui LOL

Tried that custom gui once... I lasted 2 min then went back to the default one lol
I'm just unable to change a design I've been always using, can't stop focusing on the little detail and AHHHHH it gives me a headache lol

~ Iluvatar / Iluvatar-2 / Iluvatar NCE

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2015, 12:21:33 PM »
I gotta say, whoever is working the other domains to have OCR, I love it. It's so much better for immersion. Now my wombfreak is truly an outcast.

Kudos.
Currently playing: Mumed Za'am / Odeo Malveaux

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2015, 02:56:39 PM »
- Made it possible to tell whether a creature is trying to hide (stealth mode) or alert (detect mode).

Super! Tried it out. Now we can detect stealth on examine. =)

Mailbox-2100

• Where the heart is.
  • Dark Lord
  • JourneyMan: Pilgrimage
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2016, 08:14:47 AM »

Man, I've been having a blast this Halloween NCE.

The AI has improved a lot, the mechanics and new spells really deliver a beautiful tone for everything. I notice increased spawn rates, which is excellent. It was a pet peeve of mine before, how hard it was to find some dungeons at a reasonable spawn level.

I have some ideas for the systems too, and might suggest some in the future.
I have IDEAS.

I really like what has been done by the devs here. It is highly motivating.

Yes.

I have had a positive system experience.  :mrgreen:

Thank you.

Shoutout,
to Zarathustra217.
Props.
Love.
Grow.

Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
  • a.k.a. Sren
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2016, 09:39:02 AM »
Thanks, glad someone noticed! :cheer:

Iluvatar

• Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • I'm one of Strahd's subjects
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2016, 09:48:39 AM »

I notice increased spawn rates, which is excellent. It was a pet peeve of mine before, how hard it was to find some dungeons at a reasonable spawn level.

Yeah, I noticed that the spawn rate were higher than normal as well, I practically never dungeon because I mostly play Radu and when I play my other Char and I mostly RP with low lvl in Vallaki. I did more dungeoning during NCE than in the last 5 months and I was pleased to see that the average spawn rate was a bit higher.

~ Iluvatar / Iluvatar-2 / Iluvatar NCE

Spear Maiden

• New to the Mists
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2016, 05:18:34 PM »
The depth of the crafting system is both intimidating and impressive! I've decided to lean on the side of impressive!

Green Monster

• Undead Master
  • Nougat-pilfering cheese-cretin
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2019, 07:44:59 AM »
The @ commands to customize the character are a much-appreciated consideration. Also kudos on the herbalism additions and the efforts to introduce defense oriented options for melee characters like Bonetti's defense
Sadie Halloway (nope, no giant graphic, sorry ;-P )

Inti

• Outlander
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2019, 07:42:41 AM »
Herbalism.  Both as it was and the latest changes.

Hats off to the people who put in the time to come up with all the detail and implement it. It makes exploration of various locations just that bit more fun too!

8)
What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well...  ― Antoine de Saint-Exupry

TedFromDebate

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Outlander
  • Oathbearer of Atlas
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2019, 03:25:57 PM »
I feel bad because this is the only server I have ever played on Nwn really, so I really dont know quite what makes it so great, but I gotta say that I have played this server on and off for 3 or 4 years, and I still know so little about this game.
What I love about this server is that you can feel that there has been litterally more than a decade of meticulous design, even in the starting area.
But, to just say system experience, gotta say I love the weather and season system, giving players the ability to not only know when it would make sense to put a hood on, but to give players an incentive to change outfits to fit the season (things I personally have seen only in much newer games, and even then it seems more of a sprinkle on the cake as compared to a core ingredient). And, herbs being a cycle of seasons is something I never even think about because it makes so much sense.

Sorry if I just spewed nonsense, but I guess I wanna just say this server is dope, and I wish I had played earlier to know just how much work has been put in to make it the best play experience.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:28:00 PM by TedFromDebate »
Lucille Kelter - Oathbearer of Atlas
"And what if the dawn comes, and with it, a corpse that was grabbing for the light?"

Hypatia

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2019, 06:59:00 PM »
Yes this place is very solid. I was blown away the first time I logged on and played through the intro. Very high quality. It almost makes me forget I'm playing an ancient game.

I think my favorite part is the lighting. I LOVE how it gets truly dark. You actually "need" light sources and dark vision actually does something. I can't stress enough how amazing this is. Even something as simple as having the ability to "sit" on air so you can sit on non-sitable objects that don't have an "invisible chair."  That's something I've been wanting to see for years. The death system is amazing, and makes dying actually fun. Also, even not having "parties" turns out to be highly immersive and has a strange psychological affect of making you feel you can be included with almost anyone as opposed to other servers where you sometimes have to grind solo for months to be able to be included. I'm so glad the levels are capped to 20, and while I prefer even lower, this is massively relieving to not have loads of 21+ demi-gods running around mucking up power levels to ridiculous levels.

I can't give Ravenloft enough praise. Very well done, everyone.