Author Topic: Crafting Tutorials: Complete (Except Enchanting)  (Read 9543 times)

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
Re: Crafting Tutorials: Complete (Except Enchanting)
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 03:13:42 AM »
I might have just missed it, but is there anything on working chitin in the videos? (which are great by the way)
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 03:35:41 AM »
Yep, you need to turn annotations on during the leather-working video.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
Re: Crafting Tutorials: Check Back for Updates!
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2016, 04:37:12 AM »
All done, except for enchanting, which none of my characters can do.
*TABLE FLIP*
I was waiting for that one!

Enchanting's fairly simple really... you basically throw essences (usually radiant, the lesser recipes aren't really worth it) and crafted items into the enchanting device, use an enchanting rod on the device while someone is standing in the enchanting circle, and then they get zapped.

Approximately what sort of XP hit would a character receive? Its hard to gauge here (A good thing) but is it like a level? Or taking you from 'Thriving' to 'You've just discovered new skills'?

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Syl

• Dark Power
Re: Crafting Tutorials: Check Back for Updates!
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 08:29:51 AM »
All done, except for enchanting, which none of my characters can do.
*TABLE FLIP*
I was waiting for that one!

Enchanting's fairly simple really... you basically throw essences (usually radiant, the lesser recipes aren't really worth it) and crafted items into the enchanting device, use an enchanting rod on the device while someone is standing in the enchanting circle, and then they get zapped.

Approximately what sort of XP hit would a character receive? Its hard to gauge here (A good thing) but is it like a level? Or taking you from 'Thriving' to 'You've just discovered new skills'?

THis is actually easy to determine Helaman. Since you cannot give up EXP for enchanting until level 14+ you will need what.. 12k exp for your next level? or somewhere around there. And when you put in the item you want enchanted into the machine it tells you how much EXP is needed to enchant the item. you can now use that number and get a rough idea of what you're at EXP wise based on your rest message. if you're "Soon to be in mastery of your skills completely your around 80% to your next level. which is generally a good time to enchant your item so you are not thrown back a level. normally boots are the best to enchant first since they are generally cheap. and you can keep going with higher levels

My rogue was level 14 for 4 months before she finally got all three pieces she wanted permanently magiked. leather armor is a bit cheap. hehe.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2016, 01:35:31 PM »
Would someone mind pm'ing me a brief intro into enchanting? There isn't very much info on the craft so something like the videos would be rather helpful.

Drone

• New to the Mists
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 02:40:34 PM »
Are there any tutorials on the resting/ food system?

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 03:08:54 PM »
Are there any tutorials on the resting/ food system?

Pretty simple:

For food, kill an animal and take the "Meat" item from their inventory. From the rest menu, make a campfire. After lighting the campfire, use the meat on it, and that will make food rations.

For resting there are three factors: bandages, bedrolls, and food rations.
Bandages used on yourself will heal a lesser amount of wounds based on your heal skill, while having someone bandage you will heal you to their greatest capacity based on their heal skill.
Eat food rations before resting to increase the amount of HP is returned after the rest. Resting on a bedroll will do the same.

delia wood

• New to the Mists
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 05:13:21 PM »
Speaking of crafting......

Can a character craft or maybe write books ?
like an author, like if I am an herbalist and I have all of my "recipes" written down , can I "write" a book in game, not so much as in the journal, but an actual physical book any other character can hold, look at, sell ?

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2016, 05:55:41 PM »
Speaking of crafting......

Can a character craft or maybe write books ?
like an author, like if I am an herbalist and I have all of my "recipes" written down , can I "write" a book in game, not so much as in the journal, but an actual physical book any other character can hold, look at, sell ?

Without DM assistance? No.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 06:44:35 PM »
A book, no i dont think there is a writeable version yet ig? But you can always go to the printer in Port and have paper copied. There are also a few types of parchment. So if your goal is to be able to sell/give herbal recipes to people icly it is possible to do.

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2018, 03:31:11 AM »
First, a :bump: for new players!

Second, here is the next installment, featuring the smith's mark, the fletching process and the carpentry placeable/sign writing system;