Author Topic: Is This Exploiting...?  (Read 1775 times)

Threefold

• Dark Lord
Is This Exploiting...?
« on: February 12, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »
Basically, is it exploiting to drop items on the ground, near your corpse, when you're a ghost to RP someone taking them from your corpse?

I was told it might be considered such, but honestly, if it's on my body and they're searching it, logically it should be able to be taken from me.

Geiger

Re: Is This Exploiting...?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 03:42:13 PM »
I think that was the purpose of ghosts.

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 03:47:16 PM »

You are fine.  That isn't exploiting at all.  You just want to make sure that the character is searching the body before bartering the item or dropping it on the ground to be found.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »
Well, dropping the entire warehouse inventory might be inappropriate.

Common sense is never too common, we don't usually have had problems with this, unless the behavior is quite extreme.

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 04:38:17 PM »
It is ok to have some other characters around you search your body for items and then you can drop them as a ghost. It is by no means however ok to manipulate things in the world as a ghost like triggering traps, moving items, opening doors or chests etc.  :nono:

Threefold

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 06:01:37 PM »
RIghtoh, just wondering about ghost things. Primarily my use for it has been to drop an Elixir of Life right next to my corpse, which was immediately used to turn me into a zombie and Badly Impair me. D'oh!

Darktide18

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • Social Butterfly
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 07:23:17 PM »
RIghtoh, just wondering about ghost things. Primarily my use for it has been to drop an Elixir of Life right next to my corpse, which was immediately used to turn me into a zombie and Badly Impair me. D'oh!

:lol:

Illy-Dan

• Undead Slayer
  • Who is John Galt?
    • Grey Wardens.com
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 02:38:40 PM »
On a subject related only to the thread title:

Using the new Death System a character can stabilise and then, presuming the attackers do not attack his prone-self, refuse to get up again until daybreaks and the creatures of the night despawn.

One line of logic states that your character could be playing possum, but really could this be considered exploiting?

"Enemies, as well as lovers, come to resemble each other over a period of time."
— Sydney J. Harris

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 02:41:36 PM »

Just to clarify: it is a rulebreak if you as a ghost start to drop things or manipulate things by yourself. The only exception there is is the case when one other (living!) player emotes that she/he searches your char's body for items. You may then just drop these she/he searched for. You may not drop things on your own just because you thing it will fit the situation.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 04:49:59 PM »
Macabre, does that mean if you are a ghost in a closed room you are basically stuck there? you can't go through walls or windows or what not, even though that one can leave only through the door for the most part. just wanting to be clear on that. Also I thought ghosts can manipulate the world in subtle ways, like moving an item when no one is looking and other subtle things  or is that a different ghost type?

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »
You can just do what you can do in game, given the restrictions that you are forbidden to pick locks, drop items or to disable traps. You can also learn no new things and just know the world up to the point of your death.
If you are really locked in somewhere you can ask a DM to free you but don't ask the DMs all the time to do this and that for you while you are a ghost.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 05:42:30 PM »
ah makes sense. I wasn't refering to actual locked rooms but to your comment they can't open doors thus making them locked in a room even though the door is well not locked. again thanks :)