You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Global effects..  (Read 1367 times)

WildPirate13

Global effects..
« on: February 11, 2011, 12:42:25 PM »
Hello.

I am sure this has been done before..

I would like to see more global effects. The DM's do a great job but alot of players dont get into the events or live in different time zones. I know I suffer from living in the atlantic time zone.

Global effects just a few suggestions that could run for a week or even a month..

A. Time of darkness. Max spawns in all dungeons for a month or something along those lines.
B. Zombie infestations.. Similar to Time of darkness but each screen spawns X zombies
C. Magic spikes.. I dont like this one as much.. low level spells cease to function for a time.
D. Plague zones. Con save or contract a disesase for a period of time. Infected corpses for example that could be burned and remove the Plague zone.. for a time.
E. Nature strikes back... more animal spawns like grizzly's and wolves attacking "rabies"
C. Time of prosperity!!! More treasure for all of us!

Anyhoo... my 1.245 cents worth.

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
Re: Global effects..
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:53:19 PM »

B. Zombie infestations.. Similar to Time of darkness but each screen spawns X zombies

*ehem* ZOMBEHS~!!!!!!!

+1
I am but a blade, A simple tool of destruction.

Sewerprince

• Undead Slayer
  • Sometimes it be like that
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »
OMGYESMAGICSPIKES

-All- magic items cease to work  :twisted: Wizards/sorcs/bards/clerics/paladins/druids become near useless  :mrgreen:
Hargen-Caliban Artist Extraordinare
Pavel Leclerq-Tradesman For Hire
Costin Banicu-Garda With That Dawg In Him

KBlackwell

• Undead Slayer
  • Back, after 10 years
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »
OMGYESMAGICSPIKES

-All- magic items cease to work  :twisted: Wizards/sorcs/bards/clerics/paladins/druids become near useless  :mrgreen:

I think that would be nearly impossible to implement though... All weapons would have to be switched with non-magical ones, as well as every magical item.  Then, when everything is over, everything would have to be switched back.  

Actually.. after I think about it. I guess it -could- be possible.  Perhaps, when a player goes through one of the portals, a script checks all the items in their inventory, and if any of them are magical, it can switch it out with something non-magical but equivalent; e.g. a steel halberd with fire damage could be exchanged for a steel halberd of magic malfunction(without fire damage), and an index value be saved to a character's name( #"Character Name" = 112, 342, 34 )  And, when the event ends, the corresponding item is then returned to the player.  

Not being familiar with NWN scripting, that's how I would do it.  It would require someone to go through, and list every single magical item in the game, though.  Which is quite time-intensive, but doable. There could be a quicker way, [shrugs] but it's not known to me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 05:01:28 PM by KBlackwell »
Adelaide D'Amore - Deceased.
Sylveen Cassowary - Active

dark_majico

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 08:43:45 AM »
We could include a few dead magic, wild magic zones, and whats that elven magical field that messes up spells called...?

WildPirate13

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:55:03 AM »
Mythals... or skeptical inquirer  :lol:

Just a guess.