Author Topic: Newbie help logging in  (Read 1375 times)

Kagetora

• Undead Master
Newbie help logging in
« on: February 04, 2011, 08:09:02 PM »
Hey all.  I was wondering if a new player could get some help logging on.  I believe I have everything (all the files, etc.) in the correct places, and I've gotten to the point where I have a character made and press the play button, but I get an error message as follows:

Could Not load the Module
Missing required HAK file.
cep2_core0.hak
cep2_core1.hak
cep2_core2.hak
cep2_core3.hak
cep2_core4.hak
cep2_core5.hak

I'm about 99% sure I have the latest and greatest CEP2.3C file, but this error message indicates I do not.  Its possible I may have missed an update, but I can't seem to get the CEP updater to run...keeps telling me I need to have it in the NWN folder for it to run.  Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

Thanks!

chanlin

• New to the Mists
Re: Newbie help logging in
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:43:44 AM »
Are the files in the appropriate folder?

There should be a hak folder in your NWN installation folder. The hak files should be in that folder.

Some installs do not have this folder by default and you will need to create it.
~Crystia~ Cleric of Ezra
~Laurel~ Naive Kender Rogue

Kagetora

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:14:16 PM »
 :shock:  Ok, I think you need to bottle your anti-stupidity medication and make a fortune off of morons like me.   :lol:

I'd been playing other NWN community modules about 8 months ago, and had downloaded the CEP...BUT NEVER INSTALLED IT.  I feel like an idiot.

Thank you for helping cure me.  Worked like a charm.

chanlin

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 02:23:34 PM »
First rule of tech support is that its usually something simple that someone overlooked (i've been guilty of this too so don't feel bad)
~Crystia~ Cleric of Ezra
~Laurel~ Naive Kender Rogue