You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Suggestion: Increasing Bleed time  (Read 1681 times)

KBlackwell

• Undead Slayer
  • Back, after 10 years
Suggestion: Increasing Bleed time
« on: February 02, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »
I could see increasing the bleed time significantly could lend itself to more grouping and RP.  I'm talking like 1 to 2 points an IG hour, and give players the option to skip the bleed and die for what ever reason.  Then , if a party member fell in a dungeon, you could actually go find help for your dieing friend or formulate a plan with the rest of your group to try and beat whatever brought down your friend in the first place. 

You would have less complaining about the stiffer death system because it's now possible to take a risk without risking precious diamonds as much.  Also, it encourages partying more because a friend could easily help, or find help now to rescue his friend instead of going to retrieve a corpse.

Of course though, if you're in some dark deep section of the game, and you really don't have time to wait/know that there's no one any near to save you, you could use an option to either run down the checks like they are done at normal times (One a turn, or however it's setup on the server now) or even use an option to just die right out, so everyone wins-  because everyone is represented, rather they like the new system or not.  At the very least, it could add a bit more RP and lessen the number of raise deads on the server.
Adelaide D'Amore - Deceased.
Sylveen Cassowary - Active

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
Re: Suggestion: Increasing Bleed time
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »
I like this idea, though with the clause death by critical hit meant you bled out at the current speed.

As your mangled-ness would not just merrily bleed to death, if you've been cleaved in half at the waist.
Delete Me.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 03:41:56 AM »
Hmm, not a bad idea with the option to skip ahead - I already tried increasing the bleed duration by the exact reasoning as you present here, but had to balance it so that people wouldn't have to went overly long if ending being the last one left or similar. I'll look at this and see how it would be technically possible. Perhaps a conversation window could pop up while dying. In that way, we might even be able to enable that people can opt to not get in their feet straight away after stabilizing.

I'll be looking at the possibilities, thanks for sharing the idea :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:44:53 AM by Zarathustra217 »

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 04:02:54 AM »
*Thumbs up* like this one.

Illy-Dan

• Undead Slayer
  • Who is John Galt?
    • Grey Wardens.com
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 04:16:15 AM »
In that way, we might even be able to enable that people can opt to not get in their feet straight away after stabilizing.
Oh god yes!  This me want!  Chalked my second death due to standing on stabilize yesterday, lost my silver gilded longsword and moneyz as a result (thieving Outlanders *shakes fist*).

"Enemies, as well as lovers, come to resemble each other over a period of time."
— Sydney J. Harris

TealAttack

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 12:59:10 PM »
 :thumbup:

Smitehammer

• Undead Slayer
  • Frohe Weihnachten
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 12:26:08 PM »
Noice!  Good to see a server that does GOOD overhauls to systems.
Wouldn't the world be better off if we took nonsense more seriously?

KBlackwell

• Undead Slayer
  • Back, after 10 years
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »
It's only a suggestion as far as I know, unless something's change since the last time I've died. o.o   Good to hear people support the suggestion though!

dark_majico

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 03:14:14 PM »
I cand of want to get pwned just to see what changes have been made lulz :lol:

KBlackwell

• Undead Slayer
  • Back, after 10 years
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 10:45:47 PM »
I know!  I'm tempted to just run up and punch the biggest baddest baddie I can find now :P