Author Topic: Fiery beetle caves: Suggestions  (Read 1072 times)

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
Fiery beetle caves: Suggestions
« on: February 03, 2011, 04:08:39 AM »
This is my favourite dungeon and I have a couple of suggestions to it. I think that after the crypts under the church, it's the most popular dungeon for low levels.

The first one is, that place is intensely hot. I would suggest that the system for dehydration and suffering from extreme heat that is in place in the desert of harakir would be implemented there as well. The druid that buys the elyktra could be selling glasses of water. The further you get inside and the closer to the hive mother room, the hotter it would get.

The second suggestion is, that place needs a big bad boss, like the super giant beetle the dm placed once. At super max spawn it would appear, and it would drop a pristine elyktra or mandible for treasure.
Has been described as a sometimey player

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Re: Fiery beetle caves: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:28:52 AM »
its a place for level 3-7 chars mostly. need to be carefull about such changes, incase it becomes impossible for the lowlevel chars

Ternce

• Undead Master
  • Ye be naught but a worm.
Re: Fiery beetle caves: Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 08:37:47 AM »
I had a suggestion about the fire beetle caves, but didn't feel like it was too pressing or demanded its own thread.  I'd like to see a higher drop rate on Fiery Beetle Mandibles, and have them removed from the turn in.  As it is, you can clear out the whole place and only get enough for 1 or 2 tries at making a varnish.  Alternatively, the drop used to create the varnish could be made into something different (like Beetle venom sac or something), since the mandibles are already used for a turn in at two places, or the recipe could be re-worked to only require 1 mandible, as I've always felt like it was the introductory recipe for the craft.