Author Topic: Remark on council member joining DMs discussions in "OOC dealings ..."  (Read 670 times)

Axel

• Eternal Saviour/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
As a remark to this thread and Sheltala's posting by proxy in it I'd like to give the following advice. It's taken from another thread, but it still applies.

Whoa, slow down. We've got DMs from all over the world, so it'll take at least 24 hours before they'll have argued this case amongst themselves.

Individual DMs aren't necessarily that logical, but the team as a whole usually comes up with good solutions to hard problems. Give them some time to discuss it amongst themselves before counterattacking.

Emomina

• Dark Power
Re: Remark on council member joining DMs discussions in "OOC dealings ..."
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »
Axel,

I agree that the staff as a whole usually comes to a very reasonable conclusion.  I think it was a case of the first 3-4 opinions shared were making it sound like Jinx's player had done something wrong. One of the reasons we can even see those threads is to advocate for player's we feel are not getting their side considered enough. I would hope that since none of the CC send these sort of PMs often, that if a couple or more CCs DO send a PM, that it means that the view from playerside appears to be missing vital viewpoints to have a balanced discussion.

Point taken however, once more DM opinion was shared it started to become a bit less biased.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Axel

• Eternal Saviour/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »
Axel,

I agree that the staff as a whole usually comes to a very reasonable conclusion.  I think it was a case of the first 3-4 opinions shared were making it sound like Jinx's player had done something wrong. One of the reasons we can even see those threads is to advocate for player's we feel are not getting their side considered enough. I would hope that since none of the CC send these sort of PMs often, that if a couple or more CCs DO send a PM, that it means that the view from playerside appears to be missing vital viewpoints to have a balanced discussion.

Point taken however, once more DM opinion was shared it started to become a bit less biased.

My point exactly.

Also, the DMs use the thread for discussions, not just for passing judgment, so they're a bit more lose with their language, oppinions and accusations than you'd normally expect. If this enables them to come to the right conclusion (and from my observer's point of view, it seems that way), then I say let them.

Of course, it's still your responsibility as CC members to spam them with PMs if they seem to be making a miscariage of justice. ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:32:23 PM by Axel »

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 05:37:18 AM »
:thumbup:

I feel it was good that you send me a PM about it Emonia for a heads up, since otherwise, I might indeed have overlooked it. The difficulty arises mainly when CC members try to take active part in the discussion while it's ongoing. Contacting a CC DM member to give your heads up is probably the best choice in that case so we don't end up in mirroring discussions and an unneededly cumbersome process.