You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Item transfer script woes  (Read 1993 times)

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
Item transfer script woes
« on: January 30, 2011, 04:05:49 PM »
Item transfer script.
What I'd like to suggest is, it should stop triggering on items that were touched two-three real life years before.

I not am complaining about anything. I understand the need for the system and I support it thoroughly. I have long ago reached the point of before buying anything important, to ask a dm to oversee it in case it was something I had touched before because I really can't remember everything I traded and to whom two years ago or three years ago.

But does it really matter that much after real life years, even if done with malicious intent?

Nevermind. Ignore this
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:19:00 PM by k_moustakas »
Has been described as a sometimey player

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
Re: Item transfer script woes
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »

But does it really matter that much after real life years, even if done with malicious intent?

Yes.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »
actually you are right
Has been described as a sometimey player

mayvind

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »
you can give all yours stuff to me instead and avoid any malicious intent i will put them into good use and kill people in yours honor cuz aim SPARTACUS and you my DOMINUS !
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:29:29 PM by mayvind »

kvanio

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 07:18:48 PM »
i accidently transfered something today lol

dark_majico

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 04:53:18 AM »
Item transfer script.
What I'd like to suggest is, it should stop triggering on items that were touched two-three real life years before.

I not am complaining about anything. I understand the need for the system and I support it thoroughly. I have long ago reached the point of before buying anything important, to ask a dm to oversee it in case it was something I had touched before because I really can't remember everything I traded and to whom two years ago or three years ago.

Nevermind. Ignore this

Why should we egnore it? lol

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 05:14:55 AM »
People are oftentimes too sensitive about when a DM inquires about the transferring being detected. 
If it was a mistake, or not on purpose then just say that. If you have played several characters and/or several years, its bound to happen eventually, especially if you ever do a merchant or helped supply a lot of allies at any point.

Its a very helpful tool for keeping the fairness factor on the server, and its better to have an occasional interruption for transfer script inquiry than to not have it and let items get passed illegally.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

mayvind

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:58:53 AM »
People are oftentimes too sensitive about when a DM inquires about the transferring being detected. 
If it was a mistake, or not on purpose then just say that. If you have played several characters and/or several years, its bound to happen eventually, especially if you ever do a merchant or helped supply a lot of allies at any point.

Its a very helpful tool for keeping the fairness factor on the server, and its better to have an occasional interruption for transfer script inquiry than to not have it and let items get passed illegally.

I once mistaken touch a skull Yves killed with my other character due to confusion characters and same login place, got a loooooooong lecture and a warning even it was clear that it was a mistake.
Also one thing i might today mis-click a bough a lesser bag from NPC with my character which iam not sure if my other character sold it (i doubt it though but iam not sure) I sold right back of course it a junk anyway. Sometime it get confuse with favorite NPC spot and all characters tend to sell it to same NPCs :)

Darktide18

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • Social Butterfly
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 09:37:36 AM »
If in doubt I just ask on the DM Channel to watch for it and be upfront with what I think may happen.  Its the people that drop coin and items on the ground then log alts that made this system necessary.