Author Topic: I LOVE THE NEW CHANGE !  (Read 5195 times)

mayvind

I LOVE THE NEW CHANGE !
« on: January 29, 2011, 01:55:03 PM »
I love the new change creat undead on PC corpse and varnishes on armor and shield ! Now my fighter can solo dungeons even better with the new Varnish system ! Down side is kinda nerf Mage power in PvP, but then mages are old news, now is Fighter class  time to shine !

Hurrah for the Maker !!  :lol: :lol:

Geiger

Re: I LOVE THE NEW CHANGE !
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »
 I don't think solo is what that addition had in mind. lol.

Threefold

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 04:39:31 PM »
I still don't understand how it nerfs mages in PvP. O_o

And my suggestion got in? Wow. I feel I should frame the fact on a wall!

mayvind

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »
I still don't understand how it nerfs mages in PvP. O_o

And my suggestion got in? Wow. I feel I should frame the fact on a wall!

Ok ... i will reveal some of the trade secret.

Mage are powerful  vs fighter is because soak protection from stoneskin and premonition with +5 varnishes it are not longer so.

Mage have fireshield and acidsheat protection vs melee attack the spells was nerfed and no longer stack. Now with elemental varnishes on armor you can in fact have protection from fire or acid 30/ for 10 turn. With +5 varnishes No mage will survive the attack.

Mage can use summons and  tenser to attack if all spells failed with +5 varnishes on armor and shield will see mage undone and knockdown off his ass.

So end Mayvind lesson in art of PvP vs Mage. As fighter.

P.S I really hate explaining PvP combat kinda trade secret thing.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »
lol, Mayvind, keep your "yay soloing" comments to yourself man. If you are going to do such, at least don't bring unwanted attention to yourself and boast about it.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

mayvind

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 08:16:25 PM »
lol, Mayvind, keep your "yay soloing" comments to yourself man. If you are going to do such, at least don't bring unwanted attention to yourself and boast about it.

I been soloing from day 1 i started here and will continue to do so. I think most that know me know that i solo .. and proud of it. Unless the server ban such behavior i will still be soloing.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 08:17:12 PM »
Mage have fireshield and acidsheat protection vs melee attack the spells was nerfed and no longer stack. Now with elemental varnishes on armor you can in fact have protection from fire or acid 30/ for 10 turn. With +5 varnishes No mage will survive the attack.

Actually, I got all excited when you mentioned elemental varnishes doing that, but I checked in game and they aren't applicable to armors/shields. Only the magical varnishes were made applicable.

mayvind

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »

Actually, I got all excited when you mentioned elemental varnishes doing that, but I checked in game and they aren't applicable to armors/shields. Only the magical varnishes were made applicable.

check again because i tested it myself agaist Jezra.

Ok I feeling generious today so i will explain Cold varnishes give resistance to Fire attack. Fire varnishes give resistance to Cold attack. I have not tested Acid base or Electric base because i only have that at Greater quality and don't want to waste it unless i have to and usually i apply it on my weapons rather then on my armor since i know which monster damage what and can drink elemental potions instead or use my other items vs type of elemental damage.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:21:12 PM by mayvind »

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 08:24:54 PM »
Ahh, thanks man. I just tested an acid varnish and that didn't work. I'm guessing then that they want to have the varnishes ward against their opposites, but what would be opposite to acid and electricity? I'll look forward to seeing how they figure that one out.

So right now, Acid sheath is still mage's best friend!

Actually furthermore, acid sheath would still be 'some' good even if greater acid varnishes were applicable to armor, since it'd only be 30 acid soak...one can potentially get 10+1d6 further acid damage out of the spell.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:34:19 PM by Telkar »

WildPirate13

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »
DIE DIE DIE!

Mages have been nerfed enough already! Sheesh!

Pick on someone your own size!

DONT love the change!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEyPRe-yl8A&feature=related[/youtube]

Magic remember the core of fantasy!

*takes out his empowered "nerfed sniper rifle"*

8)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:52:00 PM by WildPirate13 »

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »
DIE DIE DIE!

Mages have been nerfed enough already! Sheesh!

Pick on someone your own size!

DONT love the change!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEyPRe-yl8A&feature=related[/youtube]

Magic remember the core of fantasy!

*takes out his empowered "nerfed sniper rifle"*

8)

They may have been nerfed, but they are still not as pathetic as an unbuffed fighter or thief class. I have routinely witnessed with my own eyes mages SOLOING the vampire crypts at 5th level or so. Please show me another class capable of doing that at 5th level. For that matter Hans could do it at close to max. spawn at 9th level or so.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:14:59 PM by respawnaholic »

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 09:24:37 PM »
..I don't understand how mages were nerfed because of this addition. <.< They can make use of it too.

Geiger

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »
I blame assassin imps.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 10:08:50 PM »
Hey all of you shut up and stop arguing about varnishes, you're taking away attention from the IMPORTANT change here. Create undead now works on players. Has anyone tested it yet? Does it make a player zombie with their name on it, just like failing with bringing them back to life? This is the best thing ever.

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »
Yes to all questions. I and undead player tested it and it looks Awesome. Though i would like to add that perhaps in addition the weapons and the armor of the Dead could be used by the undead. I love this and i think its really cool. Thanks DEV!!!!

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

BrightLights

• Outlander
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 10:31:47 PM »
I think he means has anyone tested it on non-undead players, bro! That's neat, though!

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »
Yeah. I want to know if it works on a player corpse like failing a resurrection/raise dead works, so they become a zombie with the character name over it.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 04:30:01 AM »
Yeah. I want to know if it works on a player corpse like failing a resurrection/raise dead works, so they become a zombie with the character name over it.

It does  :twisted:

It's equal to burning someone's corpse though, so don't just do it at random.

About the varnishes, electricity does nothing at current, but should probably jolt you if you try it while wearing it... :P

Acid won't do anything on your armour either (I was considering to simply have it corrode it, but that would be too mean!)

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 05:35:20 AM »
Magical varnishes?

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 05:37:52 AM »
acid on armour corroding it wouldnt be to mean!

magical varnishes are those crafted from certain magical creatures Budly, it used to grant a +1/+3/+5 enchantment bonus to weapons, now it does it for armour

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 08:25:10 AM »

magical varnishes are those crafted from certain magical creatures Budly, it used to grant a +1/+3/+5 enchantment bonus to weapons, now it does it for armour

Wow and here I thought magical stuff was uncommon. That is pretty powerful and weakens wizards a lot indeed.

Threefold

• Dark Lord
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 09:49:46 AM »
Because... Er....

Targets having high AC is such a problem for Wizards and their spells that generally auto-hit and go against saving throws or touch AC, not full AC?

Only way that fighters having higher AC affects wizards, as far as I can tell, is that their summons will hit them less.

I don't understand how this nerfs wizards. At all. Please, just explain it to me! I'm clearly missing some important detail.

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 10:50:50 AM »

Kind of counter intuitive tough as the same varnish placed on your weapons does not harm the weapon at all.
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

mayvind

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 11:02:17 AM »
I don't understand how this nerfs wizards. At all. Please, just explain it to me! I'm clearly missing some important detail.

you sure missing the important detail and will continue to do so cause i already explained it. Try scroll back and read my ex plaintnation again and read it again and again till you get it.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »

It does  :twisted:

It's equal to burning someone's corpse though, so don't just do it at random.

Mhmhmhmhm!
[skips off to write an AMPC proposal]