Author Topic: Incoming change - Raise and resurrection ingredient requirements.  (Read 63969 times)

Thoraion

• Undead Master
Re: Incoming change - Raise and resurrection ingredient requirements.
« Reply #375 on: April 22, 2011, 02:53:14 PM »
(and most medium to high level characters can make several thousands in matter of an hour or two)
I consider that to be a rumor. "A few" maybe. But "most"? Under common circumstances?
Honestly, if i were in Hades position i would really be annoyed.
Currently playing:
no characters, will eventually be back

Characters in stock:
- Darian Eisenhand        - Ansgar "Frettchen" Ostvent
- Thorben Eibenfinder    - Einar Falkensang

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #376 on: April 22, 2011, 02:59:01 PM »
(and most medium to high level characters can make several thousands in matter of an hour or two)
I consider that to be a rumor. "A few" maybe. But "most"? Under common circumstances?
Honestly, if i were in Hades position i would really be annoyed.

None of my characters ever had any issues with having tens of thousands just laying around after level 10 or so. That despite I'm a rather light dungeoneer. All people I regularly talk with in Tells also have said they've tens of thousands just laying in pockets, for those characters, who are above 10. :P

One scrag lair = ~2k. One Lich tower = ~3k. One crypts of Barovia = ~4k, without appraise. Not even thinking of all the bounties, that are way too solid source of money.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:01:50 PM by tzaeru »

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #377 on: April 22, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »
None of my characters ever had any issues with having tens of thousands just laying around after level 10 or so. That despite I'm a rather light dungeoneer. All people I regularly talk with in Tells also have said they've tens of thousands just laying in pockets, for those characters, who are above 10. :P

One scrag lair = ~2k. One Lich tower = ~3k. One crypts of Barovia = ~4k, without appraise. Not even thinking of all the bounties, that are way too solid source of money.

Mine do. While I do eventually get a good reserve saved, it takes me forever to accumulate as I rely on delivery quests to earn gold rather than risk dungeons when I am alone.
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

Thoraion

• Undead Master
« Reply #378 on: April 23, 2011, 06:15:43 AM »
If said characters do no crafting, i agree that bank accounts with such amounts are to be expected. With a few kinds of crafting in the research phase, however, the situation is quite different.
Those amounts imply a (very) good spawn AND a combat oriented character of at least level 10... likely much higher for some of those.
One to two hours for gaining 2k on average requires much luck with the spawns.

But 1k per hour is quite safe to achieve.
Currently playing:

Characters in stock:

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #379 on: April 23, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
If said characters do no crafting, i agree that bank accounts with such amounts are to be expected. With a few kinds of crafting in the research phase, however, the situation is quite different.
Those amounts imply a (very) good spawn AND a combat oriented character of at least level 10... likely much higher for some of those.
One to two hours for gaining 2k on average requires much luck with the spawns.

But 1k per hour is quite safe to achieve.

I guess it's always about balancing what gives the best economy overall. On pretty much all NWN RP servers, ~10% of players will be poor no matter what (sometimes by choice) and ~10% will be richer than the rest ~90% combined no matter what, it's just about tweaking those numbers and the total money in flow. Personally I still feel there are too few money sinkholes for high level characters, and from what I've so far experienced, the raise costs take most money from the high levels.

Oh, and last time we were in scrag lairs, managed around 2-3 thousands (huzzah for appraise!) with a level 10 fighter/rogue and level 8 bard. :o

Miuo

« Reply #380 on: April 23, 2011, 11:22:16 AM »
[Thinks she is one of those 10% of poor people, and not by choice]  O.O

jlove916

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #381 on: April 23, 2011, 01:05:20 PM »
Well, I am glad this conversation went to how to make money and away from what are we doing about raising poor little dead people..

I am for the raise poor dead people organization, and am currently working on the No Zombies unless you deserve it Cause. any one with me!
Cyber bullets cause no pain.

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #382 on: April 23, 2011, 01:18:02 PM »
Well, I am glad this conversation went to how to make money and away from what are we doing about raising poor little dead people..

These two things are strongly tied together. The purpose of ingredient requirements - as far as I understand - was partially to tweak the economy a bit, causing less money being in pockets and banks with mid to high levels.

It's unfortunate though if this system too becomes just another routine. But then, with certain players, any mechanical system becomes just that. I, however, haven't even once faced the zombiness, so it'll be a really neat and fun roleplay opportunity when it eventually happens for the first time.  :D

Thoraion

• Undead Master
« Reply #383 on: April 23, 2011, 01:47:55 PM »
i would simply suggest a "zombie flag" that is removed after each reset, so that the risk to be raised as a zombie is reduced to one incident per reset period. Toning down that system may work as well, but being raised as a zombie is - for me - only fun if it happens once per day. At the max.
Currently playing:

Characters in stock:

Miuo

« Reply #384 on: April 23, 2011, 03:02:44 PM »
Iv only had it happen twice. Only because i tried to raise the people in a hostile area. O,.o

Honoun

• Dark Lord
  • Happy Rainy Days
« Reply #385 on: August 30, 2011, 05:57:58 AM »
After being gone for some time due to hardware upgrade that prevented me from playing the game I come back to find this system in place which frankly annoyed me greatly when I discovered it. I've now read through this thread and I have a question in regards to Asta's faith. As she follows Thor she is not going to buy diamonds from any other faith but her own. So is there a vendor in Dvergheim she can use to buy them from (the only temple dedicated to Thor is there go figure, dwarves are pretty good in her books :p)

I'll have to check in game but this system is going to be a real bother if the only place IC for her to get diamonds is from one vendor on the entire server means lots of needless travelling. She'll not want to travel away from the outskirts even more so now unless she has a darn good reason to. If there is no vendor in Dverghiem then it's drops only for her. Which is the better choice as far as she is concerned anyway, honor to Thor in her enemies defeat and all that jazz. She considers the spoils of war as her reward from Thor ;) However since I've returnd to the game the drops have been really really uncommon. In the last week or so I have now gotten two tiny diamonds, that's it. Granted I was doing more RP with most of that time than actually battling with critters, but still....

On a side note, I was feeling quite frustrated with this system, so I don't see what the advantage is supposed to be? Seemed to me the death system was already overly harsh and there was no need to make it even harsher.

Now if the NPC preist in Dverghiem does not sell diamonds I veto to the Devs to make it so, we Asgardians want to play too you know :P

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #386 on: August 30, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »
It's been in place for quite some time now, no need to dig up this old thread. As for buying diamonds, you can use diamonds that you find in loot just fine.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002