Author Topic: No warning on item storage claim fee?  (Read 912 times)

Saruven

• Outlander
No warning on item storage claim fee?
« on: January 24, 2011, 02:49:44 AM »
When I ran into Gabriel Balcescv I thought, "Great, this must be the bank!".  I promptly stored all my loose items and went on my way.  When I returned to claim some of them for tradeskill work I got the unpleasant surprise of losing quite a bit of gold for a low level character, and with the items at 20gp each the rest would cost more to retrieve than they are worth.  If there was some warning that there was a cost attached to this, I didn't see it either before or during the claims process.  A warning would have been nice. :)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Re: No warning on item storage claim fee?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 04:29:19 AM »
When inserting the items into the storage container, you should receive a message about the cost of storing the item there... Didn't you get that?

chanlin

• New to the Mists
Re: No warning on item storage claim fee?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 06:56:04 AM »
I was actually surprised by this and did not notice it the first time around either.

The message is there (I noticed it the second time I used the service). Point in case I think this is something that once you are aware of you won't forget.

From having worked in tech support before the message could be a giant glowing popup window complete with a siren, buzzer or other sound effect and some people would still miss it :)
~Crystia~ Cleric of Ezra
~Laurel~ Naive Kender Rogue