Author Topic: about elfs  (Read 11172 times)

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
about elfs
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 08:50:52 AM »
Quote from: Shiobhan
Elves are not immune to poison though so it's likely they are not immune to alcohol either. Alcohol in abundance has effects similar to any type of toxicity. I doubt the effect is any different for elves than for humans, other than it effecting them faster due to their constitution generally being lower, just like any toxicity effects hitting them harder.

Read my post.  It comes straight out of the D&D books.

Elves because of their -2 to con have a much harder time consuming alchohol than humans do.  They can not fall asleep, nor can they pass out from the effects.  An example is in an old D&D novel:  The main character, a female elven wizard named Melee drinks some ale.  It explains how she is forced to lay awake all night and put up with the sickness, drunkness, and alchohol that were coursing through her veins.  It even explains that she can not sleep nor can she pass out because of her being elven.
"Alexander the Destroyer"

"In a closed society where everyone is guilty, the greatest crime is getting caught. In a world full of thieves, the greatest sin is stupidity" ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Shiobhan

• Dark Lord
about elfs
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 09:52:01 AM »
I don't really care if it's in a D&D book, it just doesn't make any sense.  :P

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
about elfs
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 10:51:27 AM »
Some things dont make sense....but none the less that is how it works in the D&D realms.  *shrugs*
"Alexander the Destroyer"

"In a closed society where everyone is guilty, the greatest crime is getting caught. In a world full of thieves, the greatest sin is stupidity" ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Bellen

• Outlander
about elfs
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 02:26:14 PM »
Play your elf the way you wish. It is up to you.

:wink:

That will solve any issues.

-Dark-Embrace-

about elfs
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 01:31:16 PM »
Elves are immune to sleep and sleep like effects. Elves DO sleep during times of great illness or depression, as they are sick.

Linnatha

• Outlander
  • Yeah.
about elfs
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 02:13:19 PM »
I look at it like this.. elves do not sleep no. They enter a reverie. Drow on the other hand, have to sleep, as I heard it described "They cannot deal with their pasts well enough to relive them day after day without driving themselves to complete and utter madness" which is what reverie is. When a elf 'sleeps' (reverie) they are in a light meditative state in which they remmeber and relive everything that has happened to them in their life. If an elf has say.. a traumatic past, or is say.. a murderer, etc... then yes, they can and do sleep, to rest and avoid the memories. I hope that makes an inkling of sense.
Player of:
Belade
Isella

-Dark-Embrace-

about elfs
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2006, 02:37:35 PM »
They can however be put to sleep with drow arrows, as those are coated with poison. Elves are immune to MAGICAL forms of sleep, such as the sleep spell. They however, are not immune to poison that has the same effect.

Lyrithean

• Dark Lord
Re: about elfs
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2008, 03:14:26 PM »
bump

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2008, 11:11:47 PM »
why are you bumping a 2-year old thread?

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2008, 11:14:05 PM »

I think Lyr is tired of seeing elves being played as human with pointy ears.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Lyrithean

• Dark Lord
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2008, 11:18:41 PM »

I think Lyr is tired of seeing elves being played as human with pointy ears.

that and someone asked :P