Author Topic: more writable items  (Read 1835 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
more writable items
« on: January 12, 2011, 11:43:37 PM »
Hello,

I have really liked the note system that exists IG however their is only one type writing paper available when IG I have seen other images that could also be writable.Also books don't seem to be writable neither do easiles.  It would work just like the note system does now, just a different item. So what this simple suggestion is to allow more writable items.

I would like to know what others think of this idea

-herkles

Feronius

• Dark Power
Re: more writable items
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 04:13:33 AM »
Writeable paintings would be the bomb.

Saw Venetia's clever solution with putting a letter in front of it containing the description, but still.
It would be a lot better if you had a "Brush" item and could actually modify the description of the easel.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 10:30:58 AM »
It would be a lot better if you had a "Brush" item and could actually modify the description of the easel.

Or if you're Mr. Bean, you stick to the quill anyway.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 10:39:46 AM »

Or if you're Mr. Bean, you stick to the quill anyway.

And some people paint with certain.. other bodyparts, like the male organ. (Which I can perfectly imagine Kayne doing tbh..)
But let's stick to your average joe who tends to use a pencil or brush to draw and paint.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 11:25:48 AM »
well I think I would just keep it as a quill,mostly because I can also see eaisles being used for signs in the Port. *nods* though one could also use the brush idea too.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »
Quill is fine, we'll RP it is a brush. [Gives his thumbs up for innovative emotes]

BrightLights

• Outlander
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 03:39:47 PM »
To be honest, I use quill and paper to RP paintings themselves because, well, when the easel goes up, the description disappears (a DM and I tested this. :/). So I still had to have something to represent the painting, although it would be neat if it could be some sort of persistent placeable--my big worry with being a 'painter' PC is that people will have to carry the pieces of paper that represent the paintings everywhere they go, taking up space, and not really doing much other than being RP tools (which, admittedly, is just fine with me, but I'd like it if it were more useful to the people I'm selling these to!).

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 06:18:54 PM »
If something gets a new description and it is placed out in an area, generally you have to relog/re-enter the area to fix that, not sure if that fixes your issue towards easels

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »
What I did in another game once was use a similar method.
But in the paper or written object, I included a link to some real art made by myself. Either a digital drawing or photoshopped screenshot, etc.

dark_majico

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 10:29:15 AM »
Ive been lobbying for a new writable scroll for ages, 4 squares is too much there is a misc thin (2 squares) item that would do wonderfully and we could write up a lot more scrolls without having to sacriface massive ammounts of inventory space to do it!

Miuo

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 07:18:20 PM »
Idk, i think some even as a single square's as scrap pieces of paper for little notes would be nice as well. i think when i was messing with tool set i saw a paintbrush before. . .would it be so hard to make it the same as a quill? (is reminded of another post and wanders off to bump it)