You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Drow and Tiefling Darkness  (Read 1366 times)

tzaeru

• Dark Power
Drow and Tiefling Darkness
« on: January 12, 2011, 06:50:39 AM »
Hi,

Can the Drow Darkness and Flare and Tiefling Darkness be changed to have the caster level equal to character level? Years ago someone mentioned that these should be changed, but are in bottom of Dev list. :P

It'd be nice, would make them a bit more useful.

Emomina

• Dark Power
Re: Drow and Tiefling Darkness
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 06:53:07 AM »
There is a suggestion that I brought up on the CC boards, just need to get it to the Devs plate.  The suggestion was that 3 different version of the racial ability was handed out. I suggested low at 2, middle at 8 and high at 15.  Its not nearly as tedious as handing out a new one every level but allows for some form of progression.

Potential issue was how many more items would have to exist in the pallette. It would triple the racial tools in number.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 06:59:34 AM »
There is a suggestion that I brought up on the CC boards, just need to get it to the Devs plate.  The suggestion was that 3 different version of the racial ability was handed out. I suggested low at 2, middle at 8 and high at 15.  Its not nearly as tedious as handing out a new one every level but allows for some form of progression.

Potential issue was how many more items would have to exist in the pallette. It would triple the racial tools in number.

With my limited knowledge of NWN scripting, I can see few ways how it might need only 1 item (or zero if those Special Feats were used), but guess 3 would be good enough.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:59:43 AM »
the custom feats are only a relatively recent addition, but that's a good idea to use them for subraces :)

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

tzaeru

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »
the custom feats are only a relatively recent addition, but that's a good idea to use them for subraces :)

Yes, I felt like suggesting it, but if the custom feats are always instant, I don't know how instant darkness is liked, though I think it's at will ability anyway.  :P

Another thing I'm pondering, do tieflings still go with +2 ECL? I think it's +1 in DnD and would make more sense that they have less than the Drow, since Drow abilities appear much better to me..