Author Topic: Missing Hak's?  (Read 1713 times)

Miuo

Missing Hak's?
« on: December 22, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »
Hmm, at the moment i'm seeing a lot of missing body parts on quite a few chars. Now to the best of my knowledge i have all the haks needed from the vault and the update as well thats on there.

Now could this be cause because i simply renamed cep_top22 to cep_top23?

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Missing Hak's?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 03:12:18 PM »
you need to run the CEP updater

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Miuo

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 04:20:32 PM »
Iv tried. .i didn't get very far. Then again i have no idea what i'm doing and i'm not the most computer savvy i shall tries again! (goes off to tries to fix prob while looking like she actually knows what shes doing but has no idea.)

Every time i try to run the updater i get this.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:35:50 PM by Miuo »

kanedellesk

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 07:07:59 PM »
I always got that too. had to use another computer and redownload the entire CEP package to my external hard drive, and extract the folders to my C drive. It's a pain, but CEP updater just doesn't get along with some computers, or people, or internet connections.

Miuo

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 11:09:50 PM »
So it hates me. . . :cry: That does not make me feel better  :cry: Well. . .is there a way around all that? Am i only missing some file or such?

Miuo

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 11:21:32 PM »
(does a little dance) Go me, uh huh go me! (giggles) Well i poked around on line a little and i found this. http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.detail&id=7665

(the file)
CEP_UPDATER.ZIP   ZIP   606.87Kb   14619
This has two files for Windows and two files for Linux users.

Place CEP_update and erf.exe in your NWN directory and start CEP_update for windows.

For Linux, place cepuplinux.sh and erf.linux in your NWN directory and start cepuplinux.

In this future this will be a fast way to update however since almost every model in cep has been compiled and textures compressed this will take some time for this update.

This downloads only what has changed and injects it, and makes all the changes necessary to bring a previous version up to date. It works automatically installing everything you need.

and i simply downloaded the erf.exe, and now the updater works. . .i think. . (goes and acts like she knows whats shes doing again)

Miuo

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 01:51:08 AM »
Alright, after horribly screwing up everything and making NWN fail to work i uninstalled it, reinstalled it and simply just installed Cep 3, and now everything is perfects! So Huzah for me ^-^. Now everything works.