You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Raising dead, coming back as undead and being impaired  (Read 1838 times)

• Dark Power
Raising dead, coming back as undead and being impaired
« on: December 16, 2010, 01:32:38 AM »
I had the misfortune to come back as an undead, Yes i was in a church before you ask. Now since the undead has no armor on or any protective items. The chance of you getting an impaired shot on him increases. So you pay up to triple the gold in  most cases. This sucks!!!
You have already lowered the price of Items you can sell  and then you triple or more the cost of getting raised if you come back as an undead. Why don't we just do away with the whole undead spawn in Holy places. I can understand it in other places but holy ground should not spawn undead when raised. 
   Secondly at least give the undead some armor, Yes i know it would make it harder for you to kill them but they might not get impaired. Besides the idea is that the person coming back to life as an undead is the one your trying to raise. Now i know no one that does not wear armor or protective items. Even if your a Mage you have items that give you ac bonus. 
  My other idea is don't take the gold from the person is the priest does not raise them. Raising them as an undead you should get your gold back. I really hate this that the fangs go from 100/ per level to 500/ per level because of some random event. It hurts all levels, no one who is second level is going to pay 200 the first time they are raised and 1000 gold to pay for a friend after their impaired. They just don't have the fangs to be raised twice. This happens at any level.

Just my Two cents........... :!: :!:

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Minstrel

• Official Mascot of the
  • Dark Power
  • Cat in the Hat
Re: Raising dead, coming back as undead and being impaired
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 08:41:28 AM »
I had the misfortune to come back as an undead, Yes i was in a church before you ask. Now since the undead has no armor on or any protective items. The chance of you getting an impaired shot on him increases. So you pay up to triple the gold in  most cases. This sucks!!!
You have already lowered the price of Items you can sell  and then you triple or more the cost of getting raised if you come back as an undead. Why don't we just do away with the whole undead spawn in Holy places. I can understand it in other places but holy ground should not spawn undead when raised. 
   Secondly at least give the undead some armor, Yes i know it would make it harder for you to kill them but they might not get impaired. Besides the idea is that the person coming back to life as an undead is the one your trying to raise. Now i know no one that does not wear armor or protective items. Even if your a Mage you have items that give you ac bonus. 
  My other idea is don't take the gold from the person is the priest does not raise them. Raising them as an undead you should get your gold back. I really hate this that the fangs go from 100/ per level to 500/ per level because of some random event. It hurts all levels, no one who is second level is going to pay 200 the first time they are raised and 1000 gold to pay for a friend after their impaired. They just don't have the fangs to be raised twice. This happens at any level.

Just my Two cents........... :!: :!:

Actually, armour wouldn't make it any less likely for them to get impaired...

Damage Resistance or Reduction would be what you want for that. Someone with AC 30 and someone with AC 8 still take the same amount of damage when they get hit.

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:42:42 AM »
I thought that becoming impaired and reviving a zombified corpse both required Resurrection (i.e. a resurrection curess takes care of everything).  Are you saying that you are getting a impaired-zombie corpse and getting charged for two resurrections?
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:53:18 AM »
I was wondering, what makes a corpse badly impaired? Is it taking some bad hits? Ive always wondered lol

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 11:00:21 AM »
massive amounts of damage at death

mayvind

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 01:41:18 PM »
massive amounts of damage at death

Or failed first raise attempt and become zombie and got killed again

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 01:46:01 PM »
well its still massive amounts, also you can apparantly carve up corpses, I have yet to try this.

Any volunteers?

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 02:30:14 PM »
i experienced something odd a few days ago someone came in with a impaired corpse w hile i was on as hope cast rez on them like...three times and each time they came back as a zombie but just the other day i instead used raise dead and it didnt happen

now granted hope's got a level 2 dp on her could that have anything to do with it? also this was in the outskirts temple

mayvind

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 02:43:21 PM »
DP increase chance to raise a zombie

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 02:44:20 PM »
DP increase chance to raise a zombie

ahh [nods] ok figured just was wondering though shouldnt the chance for a zombie be bigger at raise dead then ressucrection? just a thought