You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Background Info  (Read 2346 times)

sword_saint_slayer

Background Info
« on: April 03, 2006, 10:17:21 AM »
I was thinking of a new character to make, but then I realized I have no idea what types of bonuses are given for the background types.

You know, those two things you select at start up that give additional bonuses and feats?

Normally you'd think it would be straight forward, but after making about three different characters and choosing different stuff, it isn't so straight forward.

From what I can tell, these are the bonuses given:

Ex-Military : +3 disc, +3 craft armor, +2 craft weapon, +2 intimidate, knockdown

Smith Apprentice : +12 to craft armor and weapon

Stalker : +4 to move silent and hide (maybe more bonuses, not sure)

Scout : +9 to spot and +7 to search

Treasure Hunter : +9 to appraise and +5 to search

Well, those might even be wrong, but I was wondering if a complete list could be posted as to what each one does.  

You could say this is for powergaming, blah blah blah, but quite frankly it would be better to know so I can arrange any future characters accordingly.  Like when I first chose scout and found it didn't give any bonus to listen, I was like "Doh!".  I wanted to emphasize his very keen hearing only to find he didn't get a bonus from that background.

At any rate, thanks in advance.

Zero

Background Info
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:50:31 AM »
I wouldnt mind a list of that as well for my ooc knowledge for character creation, powergaming or otherwise.  It would be nice to know exactly what each thing gives skill points to, so that I can pick the proper ones to fit the characters rp.

Somnium

Re: Background Info
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 05:20:41 PM »
Quote from: sword_saint_slayer
Like when I first chose scout and found it didn't give any bonus to listen, I was like "Doh!".  I wanted to emphasize his very keen hearing only to find he didn't get a bonus from that background.

Yea, I did that with a monk... It was like 'Dude... spot isn't even one of my class skills'.