You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: New to the mist, better read this  (Read 1010 times)

Aran

• Undead Master
  • Into the storm with teeth bared !
    • vikings rule
New to the mist, better read this
« on: December 07, 2010, 01:47:25 PM »
Small pamflets left in the temple, ladies rest and vistani camp.

So ya walked into some mist and now ya can’t find ya way home eh?
Got some news for ya, you will never find ya way home!
Consider this ya holding place until ya die…often enough beyond that!
I write this because I do tire of seeing maimed, eaten or drained bodies carried inside.
I tire of feeling like I have to get out to help when I hear frantic screaming and begging outside at night.
Too many die fast, and sometimes we think the dead are the lucky ones.
Those that stay dead anyway…too many don’t!

This is not home
The mist have stolen from ya, It takes most of what used to keep ya alive before.
Memories, skills, equipment ya name it.
Ya gotta learn again  and ya better learn fast.

You are in Barovia now.
A hellhole not even ya average devil would be seen dead in.
Nights are deadly, daytime often too if ya walk the wrong places, hell sometimes no matter where ya walk.
So ill try to give ya just a little hint of what ya need to survive here.
Ya need to relearn what ya knew before, but hopefully without dying and ya need gold and equipment to do so.
First:
Dot piss of the garda, they will get down hard on anyone badmouthing the count, the garda or in general not sticking to the law and the rule of obeying the Garda.
Don’t be a Witch, and here that is anyone showing behavior or abilities that fall outside the norm.
Know ya safe spots running away from trouble is whats gonna keep ya alive most.
If ya wanna take a shot at something ya don’t know what is do it at a distance, with space to get away. And don’t assume ya be faster than everything else.
Travel at daytime, and always keep an eye on ya surroundings (flatten the camera angle a bit and use tab to highlight things)
Often you will see things before they see you, enabling you to keep distance and avoid detection.
If ya wanna fight, and believe me most times ya don’t, be bloody well sure of what ya fight and ya chances against it.
Get some gold, use it on ya survivability, In the beginning everything counts, so unless ya have a safe income, don’t go saving up in hope of something good, upgrade whatever ya have…fast!
That spare potion or extra thick armor might be just what keeps ya alive for another night.
Petre the vistani at the camp near the outskirts (that’s where ya wanna be staying in the beginning mate) always have need for mink pelts, and them critters breed like rats anyway.
Talking of rats, don’t thing them buggers here are something you can just stomp.
I dunno what they be feeding on,but rats here come in many varieties including some nasty two legged ones. They’ll take down an armored man if ya let em swarm ya, the bigger ones will just take down an armored man. But if ya do go rat hunting, the ratter in the city slums will pay ya for the corpse, bloody bugger don’t  wanna go hunting em himself, and who can blame him.
The merchants in the city always seem to have need of something delivered, but not every road they put ya on is safe. Keep to routes ya already know, ya don’t wanna run into anything while carrying 50lbs of dead fish for someone. So bloody well do it at daytime as I already told ya.
If ya feel real lucky then ya can go kill something and take its gold or whetever loot they have accumulated, but believe me its more often the other way around. Hey where do ya think they get the loot in the first place.
If you can use armor, bloody well use it, and as good as you can get, hell the rusty ones with a door for shield will make ya a hard target for most.
If ya cant use armor, and ya don’t be one to protect yaself otherwise, stay the hell out of combat.
Use a bow, sling, crossbow , throwing axes whatever ya can get em with before they get you.
And don’t be shy to carry assorted things to throw. Acid flasks works wonders against them nasty little beetles that live of dead peoples intestines. Holy water can really harm the deders and on a wepon harm those that seem to shrug of a normal blade
Ask about the areas and critters, whoever is still around here will have valuable information to share, or they would be dead by now.
Think, know, ask, run, hide
Then perhaps ill actually see ya again, as a person, not as some new restless half eaten corpse we need to put down again…………..
Arakor

Aran: Deceased......twice
Arakor: the void within that chills the heart
Markos Donarew: the broken husk
Bronk: ADHD
Marg: the silent hand that kills

Aran

• Undead Master
  • Into the storm with teeth bared !
    • vikings rule
Re: New to the mist, better read this
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 03:04:20 PM »